Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 PM

29 posts, read 120,276 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard any news regarding Anamosa Crossing across from Menards?? I guess originally the Woodmont Company www.woodmont.com was developing it, but it isn't listed on their site at all. Isn't that where Home Depot was supposed to go?

I think that would be a great location for an outlet mall, especially since it is so close to major highways...

Anyone got some info or opinions on the subject?

~ardsley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 07:30 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,723,288 times
I'm sure it will just become some type of strip mall. I can't wait for Anamosa Street to connect North Street and LaCrosse Street. That will take a big burden off LaCrosse Street traffic. On the Border Mexican Restaurant is going in by there too.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:50 PM

56 posts, read 151,263 times
I haven't heard anything beside some plans for an office building at a road that will head south from Anamosa.

But that area is ripe for development, especially once it makes it to La Crosse.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:44 PM

29 posts, read 120,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyf-rcj View Post
But that area is ripe for development, especially once it makes it to La Crosse.
I agree! What would the board readers here like to see put there at Anamosa Crossing? As I mentioned, outlet stores would be great...also I'd be in heaven if we could get an Ikea and Trader Joes---both unusual stores. So many new stores seem to be just "more of the same".

~ardsley

Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 PM

I think it's gonna be a while before we get an Ikea and a Trader Joe's. Denver doesn't even have either of them yet. I'd like to see another grocery store come in to compete with FTC and Safeway. Maybe a Lund's, Bakers, or Whole Foods.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,928,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
I think it's gonna be a while before we get an Ikea and a Trader Joe's. Denver doesn't even have either of them yet. I'd like to see another grocery store come in to compete with FTC and Safeway. Maybe a Lund's, Bakers, or Whole Foods.
How about a Hy-Vee? In Sioux Falls, we are in the same boat to where another choice in grocers would be nice. Sunshine and Hy-Vee if not Wal-Mart. Hy-Vee in Sioux Falls is in my opinion superior to the other two.Most Hy-Vees are clean, modern, vareity oriented, and reasonable (some good deals if you watch the ads). The newer stores are 70K+ sf and are very nice supermarkets. The gas stations give one between 3-15 cents per gallon off of gas. Sometimes, 10-12 cents off a gallon with an in store purchase. I would like to see Safeway, Rainbow, or Bakers. I like Safeway, but Sioux Falls is perhaps a little too east for that. Having been to Safeway quite a few times in Colorado, Hy-Vee (although regional and in IA, MN, SD, IL, MO, KS, and NE) is on the calibur as Safeway.

When I lived in Pierre, I missed Hy-Vee and the grocery stores, even Wal-Mart Supercenter do not compare to Hy-Vee.

It is good to see Rapid City progressing. The city has a lot of potential in the future if the lab goes well and with the eventual completion of the Heartland Expressway, linking up with the Ports to Plains Corridor in Colorado (that eventually leads to Texas). I should make a trip out there in the next few months if there is a nice weekend. How is Rushmore Crossings progressing?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 AM

955 posts, read 3,650,035 times
I miss Hy-Vee too - I'd love to see one here - or a King Soopers!

An outlet mall would be wonderful - I'd like to see more kids shopping options - children's place, carters, osh-kosh, etc - not a lot of choices for kids clothing shopping here!

Mostly I would love more restaurants!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 AM

56 posts, read 151,263 times
Quote:
It is good to see Rapid City progressing. The city has a lot of potential in the future if the lab goes well and with the eventual completion of the Heartland Expressway, linking up with the Ports to Plains Corridor in Colorado (that eventually leads to Texas). I should make a trip out there in the next few months if there is a nice weekend. How is Rushmore Crossings progressing?
It's going pretty well. Sam's Club, which was going to move into a different development, inked a deal to move to Rushmore Crossing -- definitely a coup for the developer.

Scheels just moved into its new building (from their old mall location) and will open shortly. Michaels Arts and Crafts finally opened Feb. 1.

An outlot building is under construction now, and will house an Interstate Batteries store, maybe a Verizon store, and will have restaurant area (although not sure what's going in there yet).

Also, bids just opened for a couple more buildings to extend the strip mall that now houses Petco, Michaels Gordmans and TJ Maxx. One of the buildings is 10,000 square feet, and one site plan from the developer said a Dollar Tree would go there. Nothing definite yet, though.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:59 PM

464 posts, read 1,356,318 times
Just what we need......ANOTHER dollar store. I for one, would like to see Rapid City move away from that image and get better stores. I only hope that a pawn shop and loan center don't move in there!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:27 PM

I think the plan ultimately is to link Anamosa Street to Elk Vale Road. If that goes through, Anamosa Street could become a major street on the Northside. It would go from I-190 near Downtown to Elk Vale Road near Rapid Valley.

They're beginning to build the Copperfield Vistas development out in Rapid Valley and Anamosa would probably be a main thoroughfare for that development. I think the Northeastern part of Rapid City will see a good share of development in the future. The Higher Education Center is slotted to be built out there soon and that will be great for people who want to take classes from SDSU, USD, and BHSU but don't want to leave Rapid City. Copperfield Vistas is also in the part of Rapid Valley that has the best views.

http://www.sdbor.edu/legislative/documents/2009WestRiverCenterFinal_000.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City