Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:14 PM

464 posts, read 1,360,913 times

Advertisements

are things back to "normal" or better this year now that the kids are back at their own school???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 04:14 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,771,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnat View Post
are things back to "normal" or better this year now that the kids are back at their own school???
She said her class has been really good so far this year and she feels better that the kids from the Northside are in a nice new school at General Beadle. GB has several counselors, liaison officers (truancy), and even nurses on staff so they are much better equipped for these types of issues than Valley View was last year. I think she just didn't expect to see what she saw last year and it was a serious wake up call for her.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:26 PM

9 posts, read 16,863 times
I am a parent of a high functioning borderline genious autistic child and we moved here from the east side of the state because Hill City is the 3rd best school in the state for children with disabilities. He is mainstreamed into a normal classroom and the teachers are fantastic, they seem to be very involved with the day to day activities and goals of individual children. I would recommend Hill City to anyone I knew that may be moving here.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 PM

That's great to hear! I'm glad you have been able to mainstream your kid!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:31 AM

31 posts, read 109,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Painter Guy View Post
I am a parent of a high functioning borderline genious autistic child and we moved here from the east side of the state because Hill City is the 3rd best school in the state for children with disabilities. He is mainstreamed into a normal classroom and the teachers are fantastic, they seem to be very involved with the day to day activities and goals of individual children. I would recommend Hill City to anyone I knew that may be moving here.
That's good news. Our girls will be going to Hill City. After meeting the Principal, the teachers as well as the superintendent, I don't see how we would make any other decision. The personal attention (14-1 class size) they will be getting from some very nice and experienced teachers makes it a no-brainer. Also, starting in Kindergarten, there will be a laptop available to the kids on a 2 to 1 basis. Starting in 4th grade every student will have their own computer.

We are pleased with the way things have worked out and our kids are excited to be going to "real" school.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:51 PM

464 posts, read 1,360,913 times
well, this is from a friend of mine that lives in Hill City......today

***name removed*** came home and said her music teacher was sick and got fired. I found out that the music teacher was having sex with 4 of the high school boys. She tried to kill herself and is in Yankton in the phsyc ward.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:32 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,585,090 times
Quote:
well, this is from a friend of mine that lives in Hill City......today

***name removed*** came home and said her music teacher was sick and got fired. I found out that the music teacher was having sex with 4 of the high school boys. She tried to kill herself and is in Yankton in the phsyc ward.
Ashnat, can you find a link to the story?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:39 PM

19,728 posts, read 10,557,935 times
please provide a link, ashnat. otherwise it's merely gossip..............

Old 05-02-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
***name removed*** came home and said her music teacher was sick and got fired. I found out that the music teacher was having sex with 4 of the high school boys.
And do you think this doesn't happen in Rapid City schools or many schools across the country??? Pssh! I can tell you the same story about a girl in my class and her religion teacher. Yeah, bad stuff is bound to happen and student/teacher relationships is one of those things. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the school is bad. Like Painter Guy said, they've had a lot of good care and good experiences with the Hill City schools.

Besides, the story wouldn't surprise me if it was true. I knew people from Hill City growing up and they always seemed a little... off.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:26 PM

27,955 posts, read 40,023,362 times
Sounds like rumors and hearsay. Deja moo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City