Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:07 AM

249 posts, read 691,772 times

Advertisements

It looks like the changes happened at about 830am. I was in the middle of watching a recorded show on my DVR when suddenly it switched to live tv(tv guide channel). I'm looking forward to the new lineup. I've been unfortunate enough to have TWC for the last two years and was never very fond of the previous set up. Of course, I really can't say I am fond of anything that has to do with TWC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 11:24 AM

932 posts, read 3,096,607 times
I love TWC, but am not looking forward to the change today. Haven't turned on the tv yet!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:06 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beane View Post
I thought I saw a list somewhere and I didn't see any Comedy Central HD, much to my chagrin. Spike is one I remember seeing being added, though.

I think this is the new lineup - http://www.timewarnercable.com/MediaLibrary/4/144/Content%20Management/Documents/CDL/Ral_Dur_CHill_Cary_Golds_WForest_Wils_Gar_Sel_Carr _Hend_Young_Bunn.pdf (broken link)
Damn. I was really hoping for Comedy Central HD. Thanks for the link, though. I'm sure I'll be using it quite a bit for the next few months.

Has anyone had the chance to try the new feature where you can program the DVR over the web yet? Been looking forward to that one.

Mike

Old 06-08-2010, 05:18 PM

161 posts, read 581,200 times
Wasn't it supposee to keep your favorite channels? Well, that's half true. It kept my favorite channel numbers, but those numbers are no longer applicable to the channel that I had stored as my favorite. For example, I had Fox channel 250 set as a favorite. Today, 250 is Discovery Channel, which I did not previously have set as a favorite. Ugh, this is gonna be annoying setting up and removing channels from my favorites list.

I had hoped they would add the "sort by favorites" feature back on the lineup grid.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:20 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
So I was wrong about TiVo automatically picking up the new line-up. Mine didn't, and it recorded stuff today after the channel had changed right out from under the number.

Had to manually tell it I had a new channel lineup and go through the options to find the one that matched, which was "Digital Cable Expanded Rebuild" I believe. Then is has to go through and get all new guide data. Will also have to manually update my Season Passes with the new channel numbers, which is a pain.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:26 PM

Blech...this is turning into a disaster here. I've spent three hours trying to get things working, and I'm now worse off than when I started.

Tuning adapter wasn't passing along any switched digital video channels at or above 1200, meaning I was missing most of my HD. After futzing around with rebooting and reconnecting TiVo and tuning adapter for awhile, finally called TWC. Tech support sent some info to my tuning adapter, and everything then seemed to be working as far as the channels went.

But the guide data on my TiVo wasn't showing anything for those HD channels...just "To Be Announced", so I couldn't schedule any recordings on those channels. I forced another connection to TiVo's servers...no change. I rebooted my TiVo, and that set my tuning adapter blinking. Great. Everything at or over 1200 (SDV and not) is now gone. Power cycling and reconnecting the tuning adapter got it to stop blinking, but it's still not sending my channels.

Looks like I'll be calling both TWC and TiVo tomorrow morning to try to get it straightened out. Ugh.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:51 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Looks like I'll be calling both TWC and TiVo tomorrow morning to try to get it straightened out. Ugh.
Yeah, mine isn't working correctly either. I only have about five HD channels available and the rest are "To Be Announced." Guess I need to set aside some time this evening to sit on the phone with TWC. Not fun!

Old 06-10-2010, 07:29 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
if it is an issue that can be resolved online via their chat sessions, i highly recommend it. the waits aren't nearly as long, plus then you're not stuck with a phone in your hand forever.

Mike

Old 06-10-2010, 09:12 AM

Their phone response time has been fine, but they're now sending out a tech tomorrow to look at things.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Yeah, mine isn't working correctly either. I only have about five HD channels available and the rest are "To Be Announced." Guess I need to set aside some time this evening to sit on the phone with TWC. Not fun!
Did you get any resolution to your issues?

By fiddling with power cycling my tuning adapter and disconnecting/reconnecting the USB to my TiVo box, I am sometimes able to get my 1200-and-up channels to come in, but the TiVo doesn't automatically register them in the guide as available. I could add them to the guide manually through the Channel List settings, which would be fine if it was a one-time thing, but it's not, as it resets every time I restart my TiVo as I try to get the guide data for those channels to come in.

I still wasn't getting guide data for those channels, so I contacted TiVo last night, and they had no idea what was going on despite spending at least 20 minutes researching the issue. They assumed my guide cache was bad, so they had me wipe my program information and to-do list and rebuild it from scratch. It's an hour-long process and involves restarting the TiVo box, so I set it to do that when I went to bed last night.

Came back this morning to find my tuning adapter on the blink and once again no channels above 1200 coming in. No amount of power cycling and reconnecting of the tuning adapter is now working to get my channels back. And now my TiVo box won't even see those channel numbers as options to manually add to the guide list.

Day Four of virtually no HD recording and only occasional HD watching...it's a good thing a tech is coming in a few hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary