Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 06:54 AM

2 posts, read 3,156 times

Advertisements

We have just moved to Raleigh area and have been looking "everywhere" to make sure we get the best match for us. My husband has to commute to RTP but is willing to make the commute if the property is right. Many say Cary or Wake Forest are the best resale opportunities. Any opinions from those living in Clayton?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 07:54 AM

476 posts, read 1,678,293 times
Wow, with SOOOOOO many closer choices why would you opt for a roughly 45 minute (each way without traffic) commute? The commute time alone each week is a minimum of 7.5 hours - almost an additional full work day just spent on the road. Considering time on the road away from family activities, the increasing price of fuel and your carbon footprint such a distance seems contrary to moving to that area.

Yes, Cary is better for resale especially due to its proximity to RTP, Wake Forest for proximity to Raleigh, and Clayton for its proximity to Clayton and parts of Raleigh. IMHO, there are too many excellent options in between to make that seem like a logical choice if commuting to RTP.

Maybe you can post what you are looking for in a community and the helpful CD folk can help you find a commutable neighborhood that might suit you. There are excellent communities within minutes of RTP.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,272,103 times
You can get much more home and much more land in Clayton. Flowers Plantation is a beautiful n'hood. Portofino is rather new, so I'd do my research before I purchased in there. The area around 42, which is where Flowers and Taft Woods West and Portofino are located, is a very desirable area.

Having said that, I'd hate that commute if I were working at RTP! Hubby works in Clayton but in the AM, he is driving against traffic, so he can get to work in 25 min. We live in N. Raleigh. It takes me 3 minutes to get to my office so I'm spoiled!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary