Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 PM

12 posts, read 26,204 times

Advertisements

Clayton is a great place to live. There are many neighborhoods that would meet your criteria depending on your price range. I live in the Flowers Plantation area and love it but there are many other choices. Lucky for you it a great time to buy a home!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-30-2010 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: No soliciting allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 03:25 AM

419 posts, read 1,397,470 times
If you are more into a country like setting, I'd say Riverwood, Flowers, or Glen Laurel would suite your needs. Great schools and prices range from upper 190's to 500k. Same criteria for the Cleveland 40/42 area but a little more congestion, strip malls, chain restaurants, etc.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:43 PM

14 posts, read 31,979 times
Hi There,
My husband and I are interested in a house in your (Wynston) developement. We have 3 children...7, 10, and 12. Are there a lot of kids, and do you guys have sidewalks? Funny question I know...lol...but when we came to check out the area over spring break, we were surprised to see there were no sidewalks, and very narrow streets in the Clayton area.
I have more questions, but I'll wait until I hear back. Thank you kindly!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiared View Post
The Wynston Subdivision is a great location as well. Its very convenient to Hwy 70, Hwy 42 and Hwy 40. Lots of families with your children's age as well. Basically convenient to get anywhere.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:45 AM

12 posts, read 26,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naillady View Post
Hi There,
My husband and I are interested in a house in your (Wynston) developement. We have 3 children...7, 10, and 12. Are there a lot of kids, and do you guys have sidewalks? Funny question I know...lol...but when we came to check out the area over spring break, we were surprised to see there were no sidewalks, and very narrow streets in the Clayton area.
Many neighborhoods in Clayton do not have curb and gutter. Those neighborhoods usually don't have sidewalks and often have narrow streets. There are plenty of communities that do have wide streets and sidewalks though. You have to weigh the pros and cons because often the ones without sidewalks have other positive features like bigger lots.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:06 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAVINGMICH View Post
Good Morning, We are in the process of relocating to NC from Northern Sub of Detroit (4o miles north). We bought our dream home on 6 acres 3 years ago and now have a wonderful opportunity to move to NC. We have 2 children - 4 and 7 who both attend a montessori program that we are thrilled with. Our thoughts are to move back to a neighborhood setting (for the kids and adults to meet friends) that has a rural feel. Again, our current home sits on 6 acres and is MUCH TOO LARGE! Any suggestions on neighborhoods in the Clayton area? We would prefer an 1/2 acre + with 3500sft home. Our first official visit is in 10 days. Sincerely, CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF MICHIGAN

3500 sq. foot home in Johnston County (Clayton) is going to run you about $360,000 in Broadmoor. Flowers Plantation is another n'hood that you can get that size home in. It will cost you more...$450,000 to $550,000. One of my favorite n'hoods in Clayton (I like this area, as well) is Glen Laurel. You'll spend $300,000 to $400,000 there. Taft Woods West is located IN Flowers but not part of Flowers and you can find a home in there for about $375,000.

There may be a few more but those are the ones that I'm most familiar with.

Wynston is a great neighborhood with a pool but the homes are going to be smaller than the 3500 sq. ft. that you are looking for. I like the location, as well.

Vicki

Old 05-20-2010, 07:22 PM

34 posts, read 94,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naillady View Post
Hi There,
Wynston does have side walks as well as LOTS of kids in your children's age ranges.. I love the subdivision..Location, Pool, low Homeowners Association fee, great schools.... If I had to redo and buy again, I could guarantee I would buy in Wynston....

Old 05-21-2010, 05:01 AM

51 posts, read 153,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiared View Post
The Wynston Subdivision is a great location as well. Its very convenient to Hwy 70, Hwy 42 and Hwy 40. Lots of families with your children's age as well. Basically convenient to get anywhere.
I am on Guy Road where Wynston is and it is very convenient to Clayton and WalMart and 70 and 40. Right off 42 which goes to Cleveland area. Cleveland Community Church is a fast-growing church that is convenient too. Lots of restaurants off my end of 70!

Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,982,732 times
Hi! I've lived in Clayton now for the past 3 years. I've lived in Raleigh prior to that for 30+ years. I moved to Clayton for the schools and I don't regret it one bit!

Now, just a fore-warning about Clayton..the people here are...different. Everyone is EXTREMELY friendly. Stores, neighbors, strangers on the street..very nice. You really can't go wrong with any of the neighborhoods in Clayton. Trust me, I know, I used to deliver pizzas part time. Crime is sooooooo low is existant at all. The schools are wonderful! I can't brag enough about my daughter's education! Location in Clayton is prime. You are about an hour & a half away from the beach, 20 mins from Raleigh (well, one section of it anyway), great shopping, etc. Now, there is no Barnes & Nobles or Borders, but there is a wonderful bookstore on hwy 70 called Pauper's books. My only complaint for Clayton was the lack of the bookstore, but then these wonderful people opened one up and now I have nothing to complain about. So yeah, I warned you. The folks here are super nice. Even the teenagers. Moving here from Raleigh took a major adjustment for me but I love every minute of it!

Good luck!

Old 05-21-2010, 07:40 AM

2 posts, read 7,708 times
do you have a local realtor? Thats what you need....Moderator cut: No recommendations from new members, per the TOS

Remember...when you are the buyer it cost you $0 to ue a realtor...
I am NOT a realtor I work in the commercial construction business...
I agree with post above...it depends on where you work...There is a Montessori school just down the road from us...we are in the Holly Springs Fuquay-Varina Area...

Good Luck! You will LOVE IT HERE!!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-12-2010 at 10:22 AM..

Old 05-22-2010, 08:54 AM

223 posts, read 566,611 times
Wynston is definitely a nice development with great schools. For slightly larger lots, Glen Laurel is also nice. Wide streets, sidewalks, lots of mature trees, great schools, lots of kids, friendly people. Doesn't have that just built houses on old farmland look that many of the developments around here have. There is a wide range of available houses in Glen Laurel as well and you can probably get a great deal because many have been on the market for awhile. There are lots of great developments though and visiting them is the best way to see what feels right to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary