Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:01 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,095,324 times

Advertisements

kornfed wrote: "Some people have no idea just how bad it is going to get everywhere."

Just like the millennium.

Just like bird flu pandemic (which was/is H1N1, and we are very lucky it wasn't worse).

The recession may last far longer than everyone thinks. Or it may not. The reality is that no one can predict the future.

I have my stash of food, too -- I think it's good to prepare for a potential emergency of any kind. But predicting the future isn't a skill any of us have.

Original Post-er -- we provide our opinions and our experiences because you asked. We have no ulterior motives except to prevent others the pain of coming down here, thinking everything is as wonderful as it was in the "old days" (before a couple of years ago), finding that is not true, and suffering economic hardship.

We provide you information based on what little you tell us about yourself.

We fully understand you will take or leave whatever we say. Our feelings are not hurt.

Your husband is in the medical field. He should not have any problem at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornfed View Post
The very deep and extended depression we are just entering. Some people have no idea just how bad it is going to get everywhere. I will be glad to discuss it offline if you would like. Let's just say I am making preparations, including stockpiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 04:03 PM

98 posts, read 131,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
kornfed wrote: "Some people have no idea just how bad it is going to get everywhere."

Just like the millennium.

Just like bird flu pandemic (which was/is H1N1, and we are very lucky it wasn't worse).

The recession may last far longer than everyone thinks. Or it may not. The reality is that no one can predict the future.

I have my stash of food, too -- I think it's good to prepare for a potential emergency of any kind. But predicting the future isn't a skill any of us have.
Just like the dot.com bubble burst people denied was coming.

Just like the housing bubble burst people denied was coming.

Just like the credit crisis people denied was coming.

Just like the great depression people denied was coming.

Just like the British people denied were coming.

History will always tell you where we are headed. It is not guesswork. It is the mirror projecting the future. I am not saying everyone should move from OHIO or anywhere else to NC. If you don't like NC, I am saying move to where you feel you could live the rest of your life. If people think that is NC, then get here fast. When the music stops and everything crashes much harder than the deniers want to think, you best be where you want to be.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:46 PM

7 posts, read 10,716 times
We moved to North Carolina from the Philadelphia area and my husband fought me tooth and nail. We have lived in Cary for four years and LOVE it. I would not want to live anywhere else. I, too, have always felt like I was meant to live in Carolina since I was young.

I am also a realtor in the area and will tell you, as much as I love Cary, there are many desirable areas to live here. With your career choices, you should have no problems relocating job wise.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-04-2010 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: No soliciting allowed on this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary