Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 PM

41 posts, read 111,080 times

Advertisements

Nantucket grill just opened in the falls river shopping center, and I was wondering has anyone gone yet? I looked on the website and saw there were other locations in durham.Just looking for opinions or experiences! Thinking about going on friday night date night with the hubby. Whats the menu, decor, service, dress attire, price, etc.? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 06:52 PM

98 posts, read 131,988 times
Top notch lunch place. I probably would not go for supper.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:38 PM

305 posts, read 768,620 times
It's just casual. I've been to the one in Chapel Hill several times. Pretty decent. Lotsa desserts!

Old 02-17-2010, 04:53 AM

222 posts, read 546,170 times
I've been to the one in Chapel Hill and the one in Durham and they are very different. It was a bit confusing. The one in Chapel Hill you walk up and order and then find yourself a table. The one in Durham was more of a nicer, sit down restaurant. I have no idea what the newer one would be like. It doesn't blow my socks off, but it's pretty good and kid friendly.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:13 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,303,045 times
I've been to the one in Falls River. It is a casual sitdown place. Every time I drive by it looks busy. The food and service were good. I like the bar area too. I think they could spruce up the decor a little bit. It looks a lot like it did when it was the Chophouse Grill inside and I think it could use a slight update.

All in all I like and and am glad to see the space being used. I am encourage by the response and customer turnout. I appears to be well recieved and a welcomed addition to the Falls River Shopping area.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:31 AM

513 posts, read 1,606,030 times
their dinner is amazing. they made my wedding cakes....awesome desserts

Old 02-17-2010, 06:57 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,182,686 times
We've been to the one in Durham on Fayetteville Rd a few times. Decent food, hit-or-miss service, but excellent desserts!

Mike

Old 02-17-2010, 08:03 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,792,745 times
I've been to the one in Durham once and wasn't particularly impressed with the food, but it seemed like a nice place before I got my lunch. The desserts were more awesome than the sandwiches!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:25 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,161,791 times
my friend's ex works at one of them making cakes. she's kind of psycho, but apparently the place is awesome. she has to get there at 3am to make the cakes. so appreciate them...

Old 02-17-2010, 08:29 AM

305 posts, read 768,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGator View Post
I've been to the one in Chapel Hill and the one in Durham and they are very different. It was a bit confusing. The one in Chapel Hill you walk up and order and then find yourself a table. The one in Durham was more of a nicer, sit down restaurant. I have no idea what the newer one would be like. It doesn't blow my socks off, but it's pretty good and kid friendly.
Hmmmm...when did you last go to the one in CH? I've always been seated by a hostess and had a waiter or waitress come take my order. I suppose you could order at the bar, but it's just a regular sit down restaurant. Maybe when they first opened they did it differently, but when I've been for lunch or dinner over the past two years it's always been the hostess seats you, waiter takes your order kind of deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary