Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 07:35 PM

360 posts, read 995,423 times

Advertisements

Did the Ocean Grill in Cary already bite the dust?! I drove by there tonight and it was completely dark inside. Didn't they just open a few months ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,395,632 times
Hopefully. We didn't care for it.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:43 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,617,023 times
They are moving to Apex (downtown area), where Ciao used to be.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:05 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,420,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Hopefully. We didn't care for it.
I can understand your not liking a particular restaurant, but hoping it closes because you don't care for it? That's someone's livelihood.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,395,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I can understand your not liking a particular restaurant, but hoping it closes because you don't care for it? That's someone's livelihood.
I would rather see something different go in. Something good. I did not mean that I hope someone loses their job.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:33 AM

621 posts, read 2,218,148 times
Yep, they're moving to DT Apex.. right by their sister restaurant, Peak City. I'm thinking restaurants don't survive at that location bc the rent may be too high... I've heard that the turnover at that location is high for establishments.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:35 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,021,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
I would rather see something different go in. Something good. I did not mean that I hope someone loses their job.
Right, out with the old, in with the new. Who cares if a family who put their life savings, blood, sweat, and tears into making a business work loses everything in the process. I bet the space would be great for a Panera Bread or something.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:23 AM

360 posts, read 995,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
Right, out with the old, in with the new. Who cares if a family who put their life savings, blood, sweat, and tears into making a business work loses everything in the process. I bet the space would be great for a Panera Bread or something.
There's a Panera right down the road

Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,617,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by douknownam View Post
Yep, they're moving to DT Apex.. right by their sister restaurant, Peak City. I'm thinking restaurants don't survive at that location bc the rent may be too high... I've heard that the turnover at that location is high for establishments.
I'm not sure if you mean the Cary location or the Apex one - I think there have been four or five different restaurants in the Apex spot since I moved to the area three years ago. It will be interesting to see if another expensive restaurant is really what Apex wants. In this economy I'd think a moderately priced restaurant would be more successful, but only time will tell.

edit: Here's an interview with the owner -
http://wake.mync.com/site/Wake/news/...ering-economy/

I don't know if the current menu on the Ocean Grill website reflects the revamped prices or not.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:04 PM

718 posts, read 2,972,570 times
We went to the Ocean Grill about 2 month after it opened. I found it to be very expensive and the food was not great, especially for what they charged. Stonewood is up the road and just better with similar food options.
I wish Jaspers was back or a similar diner type place. A NY style diner would be great in that spot. Nice portions, reasonable price and plenty of options is what we need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary