Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:12 AM

68 posts, read 160,899 times

Advertisements

Seems like Cary is great but over crowed and getting expensive.
I hear lots of things about Holly Springs vs Apex. Because there are so many opinions can someone please make it easy and give a point system, (rate 1-10 ) to following questions, Holly Springs vs Apex.

Schools?
Bang for your buck buying new home?
Proximity to shopping? Highways?
Small town feel?
Safety?
Family friendly?
Better planning for future, roads population?
resale value?

Thanks hope that's not asking too much and other comments would be helpful. Just so many details to decide between the two and here good things about both. Although I am a little scared that everyone in America is moving into this area. How long before the cracks start showing and it's not the place to be?

Thanks Again?
A little nervous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 06:31 AM

202 posts, read 950,416 times
Alright, this is going to turn into a big arguement but here is my non-biased opinion.

Schools? Wash, they are all Wake County Schools. It's a planned curriculum.

Bang for your buck buying new home? Holly Springs, in most cases, the land is cheaper.

Proximity to shopping? Highways? Apex, the new Beaver Creek shopping center is very nice.

Small town feel? Apex, it's downtown is very cool.

Safety? Wash, I don't recall a lot crimes going on in either Town.

Family friendly? Wash.

Better planning for future, roads population? Apex by a hair, they both need better roads but the main drag in Holly Springs is Holly Springs Road and trying to turn out of say Sunset Ridge onto Holly Springs can be tough.

resale value? Apex, because it's closer to RTP/shopping.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:08 AM

577 posts, read 1,902,539 times
Here is some reading on the issue of the area crackin, already is starting to implode. The piedmont area of NC is not having near the growth issues, more folks should check that area out. http://www.newsobserver.com/100/story/573758.html (broken link)

Old 05-16-2007, 06:15 PM

149 posts, read 774,261 times
Here's my two cents:

Schools? Wash, they are all Wake County Schools. It's a planned curriculum.-DITTO!
Bang for your buck buying new home? Holly Springs, in most cases, the land is cheaper.-DITTO AGAIN. Much more house for your money!
Proximity to shopping? Highways? Apex, the new Beaver Creek shopping center is very nice. -Agree but Holly Springs is coming around with the new Walmart and I heard a "rumor" they are bringing Target to HOlly Springs. Anyone else hear this????
Small town feel? Apex, it's downtown is very cool.-Agree but again, HOlly Springs is not far behind. They are trying to build up their downtown area. The Farmer's Market will be up and running in a few weeks and don't forget the new cultural center
Safety? Wash, I don't recall a lot crimes going on in either Town.

Family friendly? Wash.

Better planning for future, roads population? Apex by a hair, they both need better roads but the main drag in Holly Springs is Holly Springs Road and trying to turn out of say Sunset Ridge onto Holly Springs can be tough.

resale value? Apex, because it's closer to RTP/shopping.[/quote]

Old 05-16-2007, 06:58 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,011,415 times
I have heard they are planning a Target on Sunset Lake Rd. So you are not the only one who has heard that! I agree with everything else as well. One thing that might be different about the schools in Holly Springs than Apex is they are newer.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:55 PM

149 posts, read 774,261 times
I wonder if it is going in the lot of land right next to the Harris Teeter plaza????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I have heard they are planning a Target on Sunset Lake Rd. So you are not the only one who has heard that! I agree with everything else as well. One thing that might be different about the schools in Holly Springs than Apex is they are newer.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 PM

13 posts, read 42,789 times
I know nothing about the Raleigh area, but me and my wife are moving there from Orlando, Florida. It seems Holly springs is the new Apex for the non-rich, What about Clayton? what about Raleigh? My wife is a teacher, and I do PC support, and we have two kids. We need to find a 4/2 house for about 180k, we like a decent neighborhood - we arent urban people. Some yard would be nice. Any tips? We would appreciate it. I got downsized from my job, and we could use some help. THANKS!!
dave

Old 05-16-2007, 08:58 PM

770 posts, read 3,681,521 times
We thought about Holly Springs at first, until after I did my research and saw that they are planning a landfill to be built there. NO thanks, buy a brand new home there then your value goes down, because not many people want to live near garbage. After a lot of research Clayton seems like a great place for your price, you get more land too.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:36 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
I've had clients the last couple of days that preferred Clayton too. They are trying to stay under $200,000 and there just isn't that much available in desireable areas. After checking the school scores in some areas of Wake County and Johnston County, the Johnston County schools won her over. Vicki

Old 05-17-2007, 03:39 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,917,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2brn View Post
I know nothing about the Raleigh area, but me and my wife are moving there from Orlando, Florida. It seems Holly springs is the new Apex for the non-rich, What about Clayton? what about Raleigh? My wife is a teacher, and I do PC support, and we have two kids. We need to find a 4/2 house for about 180k, we like a decent neighborhood - we arent urban people. Some yard would be nice. Any tips? We would appreciate it. I got downsized from my job, and we could use some help. THANKS!!
dave
Clayton is the Volusia County of the Triangle (Orlando reference.) Not my thing, but if you're looking for an inexpensive house and want to be in a country/suburban area, you might like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary