Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 07:49 PM

Location: Between a nook-a-ler reactor and a dump, North Cackalacky
283 posts, read 1,259,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
http://www.newsobserver.com/271/story/447549.html Some more to read on the landfill, from what I read they are sending TRASH there.
How odd, they are sending TRASH to a landfill.

There is a huge difference between sanitary landfills vs open pits or mountains of trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 08:25 PM

401 posts, read 1,623,560 times
I have to say, while not living in Holly Springs, I am in the area alot. I have never smelled any odor(in any direction) from the current sanitary landfill that is operating there, so I would assume that the new landfill will not be any different.
Also, are you sure on the normal winds? Seems to me(just my observation) that the prevailing winds are normally out of the west(maybe northwest, or southwest, but west all the same).

Old 05-22-2007, 01:14 PM

478 posts, read 2,045,252 times
I didn't know one could have a negative balance for reputation. That makes me laugh. Wonder how far into the red it can go? LOL

Old 05-24-2007, 03:46 PM

9 posts, read 27,777 times
Apex and Holly Springs are both worth a closer look. I would not pay any attention to posters claims about the landfill. Most aren't even in the area but seem to think they know all about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse1110 View Post
I didn't know one could have a negative balance for reputation. That makes me laugh. Wonder how far into the red it can go? LOL
LOL, you don't seem to far behind as far as rep points go. Watch out!

Old 05-24-2007, 04:06 PM

178 posts, read 1,227,278 times
Brian1971 -
Boy you really hit the nail on the head, lots of "experts" in this forum. I've lived in Holly Springs for eight years, just down the bypass from the landfill maybe five miles or so, and I wouldn't know it's there had I not taken some cleared brush and household junk to it. My advice, if you don't like what you find here STAY WHERE YOU ARE!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:01 AM

4 posts, read 8,428 times
HELP! Former local (23 years ago) now have rising middle and high school kids coming out of Christian school curriculum (very behind). Need a little space between houses, convenience, and proximity to air port. Thought Panther Creek area would be cool, but sounds like "simple living" is not par for the course there. We earn well, but we live modestly and genuinely. Is Apex still okay for family living and good education? How about community sports options? Thought about the Kitts Creek thing..uumm..little fishy. Apex peeps, talk to me!

Last edited by garnergirl; 06-23-2007 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: need to add message attached
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary