Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:05 AM

744 posts, read 1,264,320 times

Advertisements

Given the additional info you've provided you should look into Hillsborough. Hillsborough has good warehouse facilities from what I understand. There are a couple of large businesses that operate out of there, Adam & Eve and a soccer equipment supplier. Weaver Street market is a large local co-op that opened a store in Hillsborough and consolidated their bakery and meat/seafood operations there. I personallt much prefer Weaver St. Market to Whole Foods. And Hillsborough is a short 15 minut drive to either Chapel Hill or Durham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 06:47 PM

25 posts, read 62,836 times
I'm going to choose to overlook the unhelpful statements about attitudes that in some way people believe they can pick up from words on a forum.

I do want to thank everyone for the extremely helpful comments that have posted here.

Sant, thank you for the information about Hillsborough - we will check that out for warehouse space. We also love the co-op food locations and thought Weaver St. Market was awesome. We even hung out on Sunday morning for a while with the band they had and my daughter happily fed the birds there.

We are seriously considering Friends Academy so if anyone has any comments at all as to the "flavor" there it would be appreciated. We understand that the school leans heavily to the "arts" and we feel that might be a good fit for our daughter.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:10 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,853,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchz1 View Post
we are tired of the general attitude of Long Island.

I know what you mean - from LI, been here for 5 years, will never go back.
But what happens when--as all evidence indicates is happening--99% of the population of Long Island all move down here (presumably bringing that "attitude" with them)??

Old 10-30-2009, 11:09 AM

29 posts, read 64,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChapelHillOrBust View Post
In Chapel Hill, I can get a house 1/2 the price of my current home that is both substantially nicer, newer and larger.

After calculating my mortgage costs, insurance and utilities it is a huge savings.
As a recent transplant from Maryland I can add that although housing costs are lower in Chapel Hill and the surrounding area than in eastern and central Maryland, living costs are higher (i.e. sales tax, auto taxes, food, etc.). Long Island, however, is probably more expensive than both MD and N.C.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:37 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,968,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
That's understandable, but why not take advantage of the public schools you are paying that much more for that are the quality of a private school? I'm just as curious as others are.

Also, just out of curiosity, would that be like paying for twice as much private school?
You might be stunned to find out that alot of people who don't have kids choose to live in Chapel Hill.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:17 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,348,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
You might be stunned to find out that alot of people who don't have kids choose to live in Chapel Hill.
toot, did you mean to quote me? I think you may have misunderstood me...

Old 10-30-2009, 04:13 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,735,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyhopkins View Post
I would not make any housing decisions on the local Whole Foods! I have only been to the Estes location and the Durham location, and both are terrible compared to most others I have been to around the country. It is almost like Whole Foods has no quality control. BUT, luckily there are plenty of great farmers markets, and this really makes up for it. My favorite is the Carrboro market, but I have heard the Durham market is great as well.

Whole Foods absolutely does not have the same meaning in North Carolina as it may in many other areas!
Really? I've been to the Estes one a lot and I've had no problems with it. Have you been there since the recent renovation/expansion?

Old 01-17-2010, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,797 times
Default Silver Creek - Good Choice

Look at Silver Creek. I know someone selling off RE market. Beautiful house, custom built only 6 yrs old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary