Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:16 AM

451 posts, read 1,159,276 times

Advertisements

I am a pediatric dentist thinking about starting a practice in the HS/FV area. I feel that with the continued growth and young population it could be a great area to practice. I'm thinking many residents now who have to venture up to Cary/Apex/Raleigh to provide for their children would love to stay closer to home.

Any thoughts from Holly Springs residents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 07:19 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,824,975 times
I agree.
We travel from the Middle Creek area to Cary for our pediatric dentist. The first one we visited (in Apex) provided an experience that made us go elsewhere. We are quite satisfied with the one we have found but would love to be able to stay closer to home.
Holly Springs is underserved in many business categories. This is just one of them.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:50 AM

850 posts, read 4,749,461 times
I think it could do well in the long run, but I'd imagine you'd have trouble at first. There are already a couple of great family dentists in Holly Springs. There's also a fantastic pediatric dentist on the Cary/Holly Springs line off of Kildaire (that's where we go and I would never switch-they're great). It may be tough to get people to change if they're happy with their current options. So it may take some time for the growth and demand to pick up to give you new business.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:21 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I am familiar with the pediatric dentist you mentioned Babytarheelz and I agree...he is an awesome guy!

That is typical for a start-up...most patients will continue to visit their practice they presently go to but the growth usually comes from new patients who have not yet found a dental home. It is wonderful when general dentists are comfortable and skilled with treating children, but as you may have seen a pediatric dentist is specially trained to follow the long-term growth and development of children-

I am trying to guage the long-term growth of the area to see if a practice is sustainable. If the projections hold true the area would be great but it's hard to predict the future...especially in these tough times!

Again thank you thus far for the feedback!

Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 AM

Sounds like you have a good plan, I think you'll do great. I've seen some people come into the area with unrealistic expectations for starting a new business. I do think that the area will have all of the growth your expecting and it would be fantastic for you if you could get in on the beginning of that.

ITA about the benefits of a pediatric dentist vs. general dentist. I personally would only use a pediatric dentist for my kids (and yes, the one we go to is awesome!), but I do have friends who prefer the general dentists in the area for their kids. I'd definitely make that a part of your marketing plan-emphasizing the benefits of a specially trained pediatric dentist.

Good luck!

Old 06-17-2009, 11:56 AM

767 posts, read 1,851,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytarheelz View Post
Sounds like you have a good plan, I think you'll do great. I've seen some people come into the area with unrealistic expectations for starting a new business. I do think that the area will have all of the growth your expecting and it would be fantastic for you if you could get in on the beginning of that.

ITA about the benefits of a pediatric dentist vs. general dentist. I personally would only use a pediatric dentist for my kids (and yes, the one we go to is awesome!), but I do have friends who prefer the general dentists in the area for their kids. I'd definitely make that a part of your marketing plan-emphasizing the benefits of a specially trained pediatric dentist.

Good luck!
Do you mind DMing me the name of this dentist? Thanks.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:45 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,165,458 times
I think Holly Springs is definitely a growth market. See this recent article: Holly Springs' fortunes rise - Wake County - News & Observer (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/wake/story/1569301.html - broken link)

If you are willing to file insurance for patients, that could really help your marketing. There is at least one dentist in Cary who is not a pediatric dentist but gets a lot of pediatric business because of willingness to file insurance.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
If you are willing to file insurance for patients, that could really help your marketing. There is at least one dentist in Cary who is not a pediatric dentist but gets a lot of pediatric business because of willingness to file insurance.
Great point, I completely agree! This was the main factor I was looking for when choosing a dentist for both myself and my kids.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytarheelz View Post
Great point, I completely agree! This was the main factor I was looking for when choosing a dentist for both myself and my kids.
When I open my office chances are I will file insurance for patients and allow them to pay what insurance doesn't cover pre-treatment vs paying in full and getting reimbursed by the insco after the fact.

Both of my parents worked full-time and I know that my mother didn't have the time to haggle with insurance companies. I feel it is part of my job as a provider to help our families out with that part of things.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:54 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,094,560 times
That area could definitely use some more options. We see a pediatric dentist at the corner of Kildaire Farm and Ten Ten. I love the practice and can't see myself switching. We're very happy there. This area needs more dentists that file insurance tho. I find a lot of them do not and anyone who files insurance is way ahead in my opinion. Luckily both our pediatric dentist and our dentist both file.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary