Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 08:24 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

If you are are thinking of catching a concert at the Time Warner Pavillion in Raleigh this summer tomorrow (June 3, 2009) would be a great day to buy your tickets. I heard on the news today that on Wednesday Live Nation will waive the ticket service fee for any lawn tickets purchased.

"Starting a minute after midnight Tuesday (12:01 a.m. Wednesday), the company will waive service fees for 24 hours on more than 5 million lawn tickets for amphitheater events ticketed by LiveNation.com. That typically will save ticket buyers about $10 off what are already the cheapest seats available."

Source: link

TWC Pavillion Concert Schedule
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:43 PM

646 posts, read 2,049,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
If you are are thinking of catching a concert at the Time Warner Pavillion in Raleigh this summer tomorrow (June 3, 2009) would be a great day to buy your tickets. I heard on the news today that on Wednesday Live Nation will waive the ticket service fee for any lawn tickets purchased.

"Starting a minute after midnight Tuesday (12:01 a.m. Wednesday), the company will waive service fees for 24 hours on more than 5 million lawn tickets for amphitheater events ticketed by LiveNation.com. That typically will save ticket buyers about $10 off what are already the cheapest seats available."

Source: link

TWC Pavillion Concert Schedule
I just got the email form Live Nation as well. It's a great deal if you are young enough to enjoy the lawn!

Color me old, but I want to have a seat these days....even with the high 'convenience fees'.

We'll be at Walnut Creek to see No Doubt next week.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:55 PM

I will be rockin' the $10 lawn seats at No Doubt!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:02 PM

473 posts, read 1,517,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
I just got the email form Live Nation as well. It's a great deal if you are young enough to enjoy the lawn!

Color me old, but I want to have a seat these days....even with the high 'convenience fees'.

We'll be at Walnut Creek to see No Doubt next week.
I thought that too, until the Dave Matthews Band show. NO ONE sat down, and even though we got the expensive seats, we had to stand the entire time just to see. Unfortunately, I had already bought Nickelback seats, but got lawn for Cruefest.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:11 AM

473 posts, read 1,517,286 times
Oops! Not ALL fees are waived. Check this out....

Live Nation's 'no service fee' tickets do carry fees - CNN.com

Old 06-03-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly0428 View Post
Oops! Not ALL fees are waived. Check this out....

Live Nation's 'no service fee' tickets do carry fees - CNN.com
Yeah, they explained some of this in the radio announcement, but it looks like this offer is pretty bogus. Before today lawn tickets for no doubt were $10 + a $5 serice fee. Now they are advertising the lawn tickets as $15 "with no service fee". Gee, thanks! $15 a ticket is a good deal, but I am dissapointed they are pretending you are saving money when in fact you are not.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:01 AM

1,231 posts, read 3,148,805 times
Just go to the box office. All these online sites rip us off with convenience / service fees. ticket master is by far the worst, I have not purchased tickets from them in ages.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:41 AM

519 posts, read 981,517 times
Isn't Live Nation looking to merge with TicketMaster?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:33 PM

646 posts, read 2,049,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly0428 View Post
I thought that too, until the Dave Matthews Band show. NO ONE sat down, and even though we got the expensive seats, we had to stand the entire time just to see. Unfortunately, I had already bought Nickelback seats, but got lawn for Cruefest.
I don't mind standing at a concert, even with 'a seat'..... it's the behavior 'on the lawn' and getting run into by overly under the influenced people that bother me more....yeah...and getting puked on sucks to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary