Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:12 AM

34 posts, read 84,808 times

Advertisements

Hello,

For those of you who are familiar with these homes/locations, could you give me your feedback on these homes? We're coming out to visit at the end of June and home shop, but want to try and get a better understanding of what's going on with these homes (pos/negs). Thanks, this board is a wealth of information (much of it good!).

Cameron Pond Subdivision
638 Mercer Grant Drive, Cary, NC 27519
$550,000
4 Bed, 3.5 Bath | 3,426 Sq Ft on 0.2 Acres (8,712 Sq Ft Lot)

Ethans Glen Subdivision
12228 Peed Road, Raleigh, NC 27614
$599,900
4 Bed, 3.5 Bath | 3,760 Sq Ft on 0.98 Acres (42,688 Sq Ft Lot)

Hilliard Forest Subdivision
1225 Riggins Mill Road, Cary, NC 27519
$550,000
4 Bed, 3.5 Bath | 3,279 Sq Ft on 0.26 Acres (11,325 Sq Ft Lot)

Weycroft
541 Weycroft Grant Drive, Cary, NC
$639,000
5 Bed, 4 Bath | 3,661 Sq Ft on 0.29 Acres

and a couple of houses in Cameron Pond near Carpenter Fire Station Road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 09:17 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,175,291 times
Get a good buyer's agent.

With that budget, you will have many choices.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Get a good buyer's agent.

With that budget, you will have many choices.

Thankfully, I have one. Just curious to get others' opinions as well since there are so many informed people on this forum. Thanks!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,429,856 times
I just visited the home in Weycroft 2 weeks ago. My friend was visiting from PA and was looking at homes for a potential move. The homes in Weycroft are lovely, wish it was a bit more wooded. It is also directly next to Amberly which I find a bit too crowded. Another downside (IMHO, of course) is that you have drive to Cameron Pond for the pool. I am personally not overly impressed with Cameron Pond - it is nice and all but I like other areas better. Have you looked at Highcroft? (not Highcroft Village). Ethan's Glen is really lovely, tons of trees/woods.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I just visited the home in Weycroft 2 weeks ago. My friend was visiting from PA and was looking at homes for a potential move. The homes in Weycroft are lovely, wish it was a bit more wooded. It is also directly next to Amberly which I find a bit too crowded. Another downside (IMHO, of course) is that you have drive to Cameron Pond for the pool. I am personally not overly impressed with Cameron Pond - it is nice and all but I like other areas better. Have you looked at Highcroft? (not Highcroft Village). Ethan's Glen is really lovely, tons of trees/woods.

Thanks for the feedback, from what I have been able to determine via online only, those are similar to my sentiments as well. I can't seem to find 'just' Highcroft homes for sale. Could you point me in the right direction? Their main website's link does not work--thanks!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:17 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,610,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
The homes in Weycroft are lovely, wish it was a bit more wooded. Ethan's Glen is really lovely, tons of trees/woods.
My opinion also. If I had that budget I'd look at Ethan's Glen as well.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
My opinion also. If I had that budget I'd look at Ethan's Glen as well.
Ethan's Glen seems quite lovely, but the one house we could afford there has been on the market for nearly 2.5 years! Makes me wonder how close to busy roads it is, powerlines, funky other features. Great curb appeal, with a bit odd interior.

Funny, living on Government Cheese--I grew up on Govt. cheese!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:23 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,719,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30flygirl View Post
Thanks for the feedback, from what I have been able to determine via online only, those are similar to my sentiments as well. I can't seem to find 'just' Highcroft homes for sale. Could you point me in the right direction? Their main website's link does not work--thanks!
I think Highcroft is going to be resales only. I saw 11 houses listed there using the hpw.com MLS lookup, but none were built within the last year.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
I think Highcroft is going to be resales only. I saw 11 houses listed there using the hpw.com MLS lookup, but none were built within the last year.

Great website, love the neighborhood searches! Thank you!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:29 PM

47 posts, read 104,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30flygirl View Post
Ethan's Glen seems quite lovely, but the one house we could afford there has been on the market for nearly 2.5 years! Makes me wonder how close to busy roads it is, powerlines, funky other features. Great curb appeal, with a bit odd interior.
The house in Ethan's Glen is only technically included. It is not within the main entrances to Ethan's Glen. In fact it is on the feeder road to Ethan's Glen. Peed Rd. isn't a heavily travelled road, but it is definitely a faster speed limit to be expected than in the nuclear neighborhood. IMO, I would have a hard time running comps on like properties within the fences so to speak. I would tend to consider the exclusion and higher traffic road both to be negatives.

Judging by the tax records, the builder overpaid for the lot. He paid $210k and the tax value on his lot (adjusted last year) is $125k. Others in Ethans Glen paid anywhere from $85k-150k and their tax values have increased. Price almost always explains homes over 200 days on market. The builder may be stuck on the price because of what he's got invested already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary