Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 11:33 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,741 times

Advertisements

2009 Triangle Restaurant Week :: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill - a celebration of culinary excellence

A Celebration of Culinary Excellence!
2009 Triangle Restaurant Week (May 11th - May 17th)

Looks to be some amazing participants this year. Do not miss out! This is a don't miss event! Try as many restaurants in our great triangle area as you can!

Enjoy!
Matt

PS - Did I use too many exclamation points?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 11:43 AM

Lightbulb The Map

2009 Triangle Restaurant Week - Google Maps

Old 05-08-2009, 12:18 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,104,547 times
I wonder why so few restaurants outside of Raleigh proper are participating. It looks more like Raleigh Restaurant Week with a few "outsiders" thrown in for good measure.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,294,631 times
Thanks for posting this!

I've looked at a couple of the videos (Duck and Dumpling and Raleigh Times) and I'm drooling....... doesn't help that I didn't have lunch today.

I agree, more restuarants outside of Raleigh would be nice to hear about too.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
I wonder why so few restaurants outside of Raleigh proper are participating. It looks more like Raleigh Restaurant Week with a few "outsiders" thrown in for good measure.
I agree. I would have liked to see some more Durham or Chapel Hill restaurants on the list, but there are a few 'don't miss' ones.

Il Palio
Piedmont
Pops
Rue Cler
Not sure about the others.

A week is certainly not enough time to sample all of these.

Are there any other 'Don't Miss' restaurants? Anyone more familiar with the Raleigh ones?

An is on my list

Old 05-11-2009, 02:48 PM

Just a reminder that this event starts today and goes through this Sunday!

Il Palio here I come!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 AM

147 posts, read 427,679 times
Now that Resturant Week is over...where did everyone go and what did you think of the places? We did it at our place and I was amazed how many people it brought in.
Wife and I went to The Mint and back to the Duck and Dumpling (we've been there before). Mix bag of reviews on both. The food was better than fair at The Mint and atmosphere it has aplenty. Duck and Dumpling doesn't look like much from the outside, cozy on the inside, and the food is always great there. It was cool having so many restaurants participate. I only wish I had a couple of more nights off the try other places.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjchess View Post
Now that Resturant Week is over...where did everyone go and what did you think of the places? We did it at our place and I was amazed how many people it brought in.
Wife and I went to The Mint and back to the Duck and Dumpling (we've been there before). Mix bag of reviews on both. The food was better than fair at The Mint and atmosphere it has aplenty. Duck and Dumpling doesn't look like much from the outside, cozy on the inside, and the food is always great there. It was cool having so many restaurants participate. I only wish I had a couple of more nights off the try other places.
We went to:
Duck and the Dumpling - Amazing. I had the dumplings, the scallops (which were incredible) and some ginger ice cream which ended the evening perfectly

Il Palio - Nothing to write home about. It seems like they skimped out and really did not offer anything that exciting. I don't think they understood the point of Restaurant Week. I had the Mussels, Some Steak, and the Strawberry Crisp. I don't think they had any of their 'good' entrees on the menu. Even their Ravioli was not their better lobster ravioli. I think they were more trying to make things cheap and make a quick buck, instead of having the Triangle try some of their better stuff. Disappointing

Five Star - My wife went here with her girl frields. She wished they went to An instead. She had the Filet Mignon. Nothing special. She did say the Warm Chocolate Cake was well worth the trip though!

3 out of 51... Disappointing to hit less than 6%. I look forward to hearing other comments!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:37 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,104,547 times
We went to Piedmont - awesome!!! We've been before and loved it, but expected the restaurant week menu to offer smaller portions than typical. Thankfully that wasn't the case. I had a nice pate, a phenomenal house-made Italian sausage and very tasty dark chocolate mousse. My wife's soup was outta this world and her ravioli was very good, too.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:18 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,386,222 times
Rats! We missed it. I need to put it on the calendar for next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary