Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:41 AM

355 posts, read 958,557 times

Advertisements

Raleigh favorite's at the moment:
Bloomsbury Bistro - fine but not too fussy dining, had an outstanding meal here recently
Sitti - for Eastern Med
Jibarra - for inventive Mexican
Coopers - for hole in the wall BBQ
Coquette - for French bistro
Raleigh Times - for a great sandwich and outstanding beer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:48 AM

147 posts, read 427,814 times
Fat Daddy's is local and the burgers are quite yummy.....uhmmm burgers.

I like the Red Room for something different and small to eat. Brace yourself because we are going to get a ton of "it's not real tapas" but it is good and not your everyday fare.

Had great food at the Duck and Dumpling, though it was a touch expensive.

Porters Tavern has great food but being across from NC State is not what I would call the ideal location for a establishment with that caliber of food. It seems a little displaced as the average student can't typically afford the food...at least I couldn't when I was a student.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:13 AM

355 posts, read 958,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjchess View Post
I like the Red Room for something different and small to eat. Brace yourself because we are going to get a ton of "it's not real tapas" but it is good and not your everyday fare.

Had great food at the Duck and Dumpling, though it was a touch expensive.
It's not real tapas! Thought I would get that out of the way for you.

Speaking of, I forgot about Tasca Brava. Good Spanish, but pricey.
Second your Duck and Dumpling rec. Have had several good meals here, but it's overpriced.

And one more: Fortune Palace on Capital Blvd. I like that they offer an Asian menu in English. I'm very found of their noodle soups.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:27 AM

246 posts, read 627,572 times
I like Tasca Brava, I've seen so many mixed reviews but I really enjoyed the place.

Duck and Dumpling is over priced.... I had to go to Cook Out after dinner there because I was still so hungry. It was 9 dollars for a dim sum sampler you could've gotten at a regular dim sum place for like 5 dollars (at the most).

Old 03-31-2009, 11:04 AM

621 posts, read 2,219,765 times
Tangerine Cafe in Cary is good if you like spicy Asian food.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 PM

25 posts, read 126,979 times
My pick for best dinner restaurant would be Angus Barn. I hope its good when I go there at Easter based on some of the other posts on here.

One of my favorite lunch restaurnts is Two Guys Grille. The sweet potatoe fries are delicious!!

Old 03-31-2009, 01:59 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,051,235 times
Default reply

I had another excellent meal at the Barn last night. The service was wonderful as ALWAYS. Saturn- I don't think they will be going out of business anytime soon. I doubt that Vann is worried seeing as how they have been one of the 100 highest grossing independent steakhouse's in America for a long, long time. They have some of the most loyal customers in the business. Yes , the Easter Brunch is very good. Everyone should treat themselves to dinner in Wine Cellar at least once before you go toe's up. It is one of the top 10 rated restaurant wineries in the country.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,299,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectE View Post
I like Tasca Brava.
I went there for the first time last Friday. Great Place. The owner was very nice. I felt like he had invited us into his home for a meal. The best flan I ever had.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:11 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,299,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
I had another excellent meal at the Barn last night.
I like the way you roll uncletupelo. I have visited the wild turkey lounge upstairs but have not yet had the pleasure of a meal at Angus barn. Perhaps it is in my future!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:36 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,399,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
I had another excellent meal at the Barn last night. The service was wonderful as ALWAYS.

Apparently not "always".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigPlantWeed View Post
While in the Triangle recently, we had dinner at Angus Barn and were not particularly impressed. The glasses of wine we initially ordered took a long time to come. My filet mignon was a bit overdone and rather dry. My colleague's tuna steak was off-tasting to the point she sent it back after one bite. {However, her replacement dish, salmon, was excellent, she said.} It took 15 minutes to get a second glass of wine after the waiter asked if I wanted one. All in all, I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again.Our dinner another evening at Nana's was lovely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary