Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,484 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I planted a small area of Zenith Zoysia seed last year and really screwed up the very first part. I tilled and raked out the grass. Put down starter fertilizer and lime and tilled again then raked out grass again. Have you already noticed the part I messed up? Well it is the fact that I didn't spray round up before hand. There was hardly anything growing there before all of this but apparently I turned over some Crabgrass weed seed. While I watered like I should and the zoysia started to come up so did the crabgrass. Of course the crabgrass really grew fast. Well now I can see where some of the zoysia did grow due to the wheat color of it. I don't see as much as I would like to see. Maybe that will change. I want to put down some weed and feed for centipede and other warm season grasses when things start growing, then see what turns out. I have already started some seedlings indoors in the window of our back sliding glass door and a couple pans under a grow light. They are doing well. Basically I will lay these out as whole pieces or plug them when they grow in all the way. I also plan on buying some sheets of zenith zoysia sod from Super Sod at the farmers market when it is available and plug that also.

Ok after all of that... My question is this. Does anyone or will anyone have any extra zenith zoysia sod that I can use for plugs this spring? Or want to spare some plugs. I am a newbie at this but I have been reading a lot and do realize that I messed up when I didn't kill everything last year before seeding. I would start it all over but don't want to kill off the zoysia that did grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary