Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2007, 07:55 AM

30 posts, read 108,276 times

Advertisements

Can I have some honest opinions about each, Wendell and Clayton?

Clayton's rent is 100 dollars a month higher and the house has a rent to own option. The place in Wendell is cute and the landlord is just so sweet and personable.

We are going to rent for one year and then buy, so it really doesnt matter where we are too much. We will be scouting out all the areas soon enough.

I am kinda liking what I see and hear about Wake Forest and Wendell puts us a little closer to that area than Clayton does.

However, I also love what I hear about Clayton......

I like older homes and established neighborhoods, which Wake Forest seems to have. Clayton is all new, but there are some really beautiful places there with great landscaping!!!! and it seems so laid back and a lot more affordable than Wake Forest.

But enough of that...... that all comes when it is time to buy. My decision now is do I rent in Wendell and save the 100 a month since its not a permanant location for us and puts us in the center of all the areas we are going to scout out over the next year.... OR pay the extra 100 for the Clayton property becuase you never know. Maybe we will like the property so much that we will just go ahead and purchase it!!!

Any opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 07:57 AM

43,492 posts, read 77,475,479 times
If you are going into Raleigh routinely, I would go with Wendell. The 64 Bypass makes it so easy.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:38 AM

161 posts, read 603,405 times
I would choose Wendell because it is a charming little town and the traffic is less of a problem.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:41 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,341,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
If you are going into Raleigh routinely, I would go with Wendell. The 64 Bypass makes it so easy.
I agree, if you need to drive into Raleigh I would much rather do it via the 64 bypass. Wendell would get my vote!

Old 03-15-2007, 11:30 AM

I keep hearing that Wendell is much more rural and that there are gangs coming out that way....... How true is this? And it's a charming little town, really? Okay. I thought I read on here otherwise, well at least in one person's post when I did a search. They said it was "run down"

Clayton just looks so much greener and hillier and prettier to me. But Wendell has the better deal as far as the two Im deciding between. Cheaper rent, less of a deposit. Im just so confused!!!!

Old 03-15-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Actually, let me state this. We do not have to travel to Raleigh. SM

If you didnt have to travel to Raleigh (hubby is in the grocery management business and there is an abundance of Food Lions and Lowes and Krogers, etc. in each area), and I work at home as a Medical Transcriptionist.

If you didnt have to worry bout driving, which one would you chose and why?

Thanks so much guys!!!!

Old 03-15-2007, 11:54 AM

139 posts, read 551,474 times
OK I will chime in for the Clayton area. We love it here, I would try and pick where you think you will be the most happy. After all, it is for one year to try and get some bearings on where you really want to settle. I cannot speak for Wendell as I have never spent time there, but we really like the location of Clayton as well as its downtown. I imagine that there are a lot of similarities between the 2 cities.

If you do want to be in Wake Forest a lot though, Wendell might be your best bet. I would say that Clayton is a little more "laid back" than Wake Forest. It is good that you will take the year to decide where you want to be.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,952 times
I know both areas. I would choose Wendell if there was a chance I would move to North Raleigh or Wake Forest. Both are nice places to live. Both are growing in population. Clayton has been growing rapidly in the past 8 years. Wendell has access to new 64 bypass and 540.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary