Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:10 AM

8 posts, read 29,507 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone else is frustrated with Anderson and Cobblestone point?

Weve been here for over a year... so far we have gotten no where with our 6 month check up, there are many problems with our home...(emphisis on the MANY)

When i purchased here, i was told that we have 2 tennis courts, a Secured pool, and they were working on walking trails and a pool.

Ok- so i know where the tennis courts are and the pool... but what security? the dude reading a book letting kids run rampid while completely unsupervised and letting people in that dont have a card?
and where are those beautiful walking trails, or that great playground?

I just got a bill from our "new"homeowners association... apparently our rates this year have increased to like 30 dollars a month. What in the world are we paying for? the ability to get denied on a fence we want, or having to wait 2 months to get approved- to even install a damn satelitte dish? REALLY?!? And now we are getting an increase- and i still dont see a damn playground. I still cant get deliveries because the road you need to turn down to get to my neighbor is UNNAMED. I mean, seriously?
Extremely frustrated, and i know alot of my neighbors are too... One of them is threating to sue anderson, their attorney has been at there house with inspectors because ANDERSON isnt fixing there warranty, and they moved in a month before us... UGH just really frustrated and wondering if anyone else is having the same problems!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 AM

103 posts, read 414,258 times
all builders are struggling right now and slow to respond, anderson is no different. they don't make money off of building a playground or a pool, they make money selling property so that's what their focus is going to be. they may not have the funds to handle those things right now- sad but true.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:44 AM

I understand your point and why they may be slow, but the fact is simple- I already bought my home- they already got my money. I get they want to sell homes, but they arent going to sell any when people in that neighborhood are mad because they cant fix the things THEY screwed up in the house they built.

I already know for a fact that 90% of the neighbors are telling new people when they ask how they like it to run - and run fast. Thats what is sad-but true.

If they do right by the people that already bought from them and that live in that community- they when people ask about their homes, they would get better responses. And trust me- potentials def. ask. Ive had people ring my door bell. I bring them in and show them whats wrong with my home.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 AM

i understand your point as well and have no preference or favor towards anderson homes, however i used to do work with several other builders who i know are not able to meet their financial obligations now and yes- people are speaking poorly about them- and i don't blame them. but it is what it is. unfortunately there's just not a lot they can do about it right now.

as far as the streets go, you can't develop a S/D with unnamed streets. all plans have to be submitted to the town and they have to be complete, so it does have a name im sure. if it needs a sign, take it up with the town- they'll get someone out there.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:01 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinbandfire View Post
What in the world are we paying for? the ability to get denied on a fence we want, or having to wait 2 months to get approved- to even install a damn satelitte dish? REALLY?!?

I would check your HOA documents. In my neighborhood if you submit a request like adding a fence, deck, or satellite dish the HOA must respond to the request within 30 days. If they fail to respond you are automatically approved and can move forward.

As far as the roads go, I agree that you need to call the town/county. I don't think it is the developer’s job to put up and maintain road signage.

When is you next HOA meeting? I would go to that and try to get some answers. Has the HOA been turned over to the residents at this point or is the builder still in charge?

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 01-09-2009 at 09:28 AM..

Old 01-09-2009, 09:24 AM

[quote=North_Raleigh_Guy;6914739]
As far as the roads go, I agree that you need to call the town/county. I don't think it is the developers job to put up and maintain road signage.

Thanks for both of your answers- I did call the town just now- they are going to call me back regarding both a street and stop sign.

as far as homeowners- i believe it will FINALLY be turned over to the people next month. Cross your fingers.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:32 AM

good, if it is then that will give you an idea as to how much money there is to work with and what can and can't be done. you should've been provided with a copy of your covenants for the HOA. if not, they're on the johnston county register of deeds- i can pull them for you if you'd like- and it will tell you w hen the HOA is turned over.

good luck- i live not far from there so i see the sign for cobblestone at the corner there by burger king, but it seemed kind of random so i didn't know what it went to! now i know...

Old 01-09-2009, 10:32 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Wow...
Okay, I live in Anderson homes at Cobblestone as well. We had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever with our inspections. We called, they came, they did their thing. The only thing we are currently working on right now is a freakin' cracked foundation. Or I should say, possibly a cracked foundation. We called, they came out and put a monitor in.

The only issue we currently have is ONE freakin' red-headed teenage boy who had the NERVE to walk into OUR YARD threatening our dog. When we came out, he casually walked away. Yes, he was trespassing on our property.

Yeah, $100,000 for the sign, right?

I really hope this new HOA works out. I really do...

Old 01-09-2009, 10:36 AM

Ahh - I know that boy.. well seen him..
Anyway- I talked to you before we moved down here- so i know youve been around for a while- and ur luckily not in the "New" section of Cobblestone. It appears were the only ones that seriously have the problems... and we all have Tim to thank. But anyways- Hopefully they can resolve this quickly- with numerous residents. A lawyer is already asking residents about multiple lawsuits...

Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinbandfire View Post
Ahh - I know that boy.. well seen him..
Anyway- I talked to you before we moved down here- so i know youve been around for a while- and ur luckily not in the "New" section of Cobblestone. It appears were the only ones that seriously have the problems... and we all have Tim to thank. But anyways- Hopefully they can resolve this quickly- with numerous residents. A lawyer is already asking residents about multiple lawsuits...
Wow...I know after we bought our home, the builder left the company and some new guy came in. I thought he was very helpful but I dont think his name is Tim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary