Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 PM

3 posts, read 5,416 times

Advertisements

As for the HOA...........

They have actually been doing a lot that isnt always see upfront. There have been a few social events I have been to so far. The pool is a whole nother story. I know they are changing care companies now for the lack of care provided through the summer.

There has been alot of changes taking place that I have heard about through the grape vine that i think will change the way you view the progress. But everything for them takes time as well getting things approved through the different layers of people they have to go through.

From what I hear about the playground is.....Its not going to happen like you imagine it to be. It will more less be a little spot with a bench nothing more but im not sure we will know something more next month at the anual meeting i would think.

I know the event that is being planned on OCT 24 is going to be really fun from what i hear is going to be done up there. Alot for kids of all ages. to avoid the other problem kids that dont even live in our neighborhood from getting in this time I think they are going to do a check in point and stamp hands or something. Not sure on the exact details but I do know that kids from other areas have been a problem with the events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 07:40 AM

3 posts, read 3,462 times
Default Hi Possible New Neighbors

Hi Possible New Neighbors, I'm looking to buy a home in cobblestone subdivision Clayton, and I would like to know what kind of red lights awaits me. Can you have Fence? If so what kind of Fence? How is the Pool, Maint Com. Area, HO Association fees? Thanks Bob

Old 11-01-2009, 07:42 AM

3 posts, read 3,462 times
Hi Possible New Neighbors, I'm looking to buy a home in cobblestone subdivision Clayton, and I would like to know what kind of red lights awaits me. Can you have Fence? If so what kind of Fence? How is the Pool, Maint Com. Area, HO Association fees? Thanks Bob

Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 AM

2,024 posts, read 3,611,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
As far as the roads go, I agree that you need to call the town/county. I don't think it is the developer’s job to put up and maintain road signage.

I lived in a development with public and private roads so it might up to the developer to put up some road signage. The public roads were like white letters on a blue background and the private with blue letters on a white background. That was in Maryland.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:21 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,367,828 times
FYI...if you are buying or building in a new neighborhood and you have been told that there will be a pool, playground, walk trails, etc.:

This is not GUARANTEED unless you have it in writing.

TYPICALLY, in a good economy, the pool does happen but it is usually a year behind schedule.

Buyers sometimes hear what they want to hear. Onsite Agents really have limited information. If they are told that there will be amenties, they then tell the potential buyers BUT there is no time frame for WHEN these amenties will happen.

Again, in a typical economy, the pool is usually delayed by 1 year. In this economy, it could be longer. Banks are not willing to lend the amount to the developers that it takes for these amenties until the neighborhood is 50% to 75% finished.

Just be aware of what you are told versus what you have in writing.

Vicki

Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 AM

8 posts, read 29,761 times
Bob,

The pool is poorly managed, the security isnt very good. So many unsupervised children doing whatever they want and not watching out for the other little children.

You may have a fence, but only a four foot one. Not much privacy, at all.

The gazebo area is ok, sometimes it looks great others they are trashed. Never used the tennis courts so cant comment on that.

Homeowners is like 87 a quarter, could be more for next year not sure. Dont know what they use the money on, havent really seen ANY improvements for the money we pay other than the new social things they are throwing, which has only been two. There is mention of a possible dog park, so if that ACTUALLY happens, that would be nice. But with all that is "Said" and done is completely different. Plus, depending on Cobblestone Pointe and Cobblestone Place will depend on the type of neighbors you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary