Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:59 AM

3 posts, read 5,402 times

Advertisements

I know how you feel about everything that has gone on. It's like pulling teeth to get anything taken care of. It took several calls for the smallest things to be resolved.

What kind of lawsuits are going on in Anderson? I know I am considering hiring my own private engineers, and a lawyer to deal with a crack I have in my foundation that is due to VERY poor development. Not to mention a thermal imaging camera to prove how -UN-energy efficient my house is.

I understand that the builder does not make money fixing issues we all have on our houses. BUT I can promise one thing, NOT fixing it will cost you a lot more. No one in the community is much for putting up with BS. And I am sure there are plenty of things getting ready to come to a head.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 11:20 AM

183 posts, read 671,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinbandfire View Post
I already know for a fact that 90% of the neighbors are telling new people when they ask how they like it to run - and run fast. Thats what is sad-but true.

If they do right by the people that already bought from them and that live in that community- they when people ask about their homes, they would get better responses. And trust me- potentials def. ask. Ive had people ring my door bell. I bring them in and show them whats wrong with my home.
Yep, I can attest to that. My wife and I ended up buying in Flower's Plantation but we also drove through Cobblestone. We saw a resident outside and asked her what she thought of the neighborhood, and she said verbatim, "Worst decision we ever made, I wish we could afford to move".

Old 01-16-2009, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 4,584 times
<pulling up box>

Let me say first that we are very happy Anderson Homes homeowners and have had no problems with getting them to take care of issues.

Quote:
When I purchased here, i was told that we have 2 tennis courts, a Secured pool, and they were working on walking trails and a pool.

We recently asked about the trails, they will be completed when construction around that area is finished. And the builder is not responsible for amenities, the developers/hoa are. Also, it would be the homeonwers assocation that would be responsible for security. I am sure you will find some homeowners don’t want to pay for security.

Quote:
I just got a bill from our "new"homeowners association... apparently our rates this year have increased to like 30 dollars a month. What in the world are we paying for? the ability to get denied on a fence we want, or having to wait 2 months to get approved- to even install a damn satelitte dish? REALLY?!? And now we are getting an increase- and i still dont see a damn playground. I still cant get deliveries because the road you need to turn down to get to my neighbor is UNNAMED. I mean, seriously?

Fees are going up, b/c some homeowners want more stuff. You really can't expect much for 25 bucks

Quote:
Extremely frustrated, and i know alot of my neighbors are too... One of them is threating to sue. anderson, their attorney has been at there house with inspectors because ANDERSON isnt fixing there warranty, and they moved in a month before us... UGH just really frustrated and wondering if anyone else is having the same problems!

Suing will only hurt our community. Especially those of us that are happy. Just keep pushing to work it out.....If houses don’t sell, they drop prices, if prices drop our values drop.

Angie313 – Thank you for your input you are right, it is tough for everyone. I am surprised that everyone in the community can’t see that.

Quote:
I understand your point and why they may be slow, but the fact is simple- I already bought my home- they already got my money. I get they want to sell homes, but they arent going to sell any when people in that neighborhood are mad because they cant fix the things THEY screwed up in the house they built.
Quote:
I already know for a fact that 90% of the neighbors are telling new people when they ask how they like it to run - and run fast. Thats what is sad-but true.
If they do right by the people that already bought from them and that live in that community- they when people ask about their homes, they would get better responses. And trust me- potentials def. ask. Ive had people ring my door bell. I bring them in and show them whats wrong with my home.
We recommend our community and Anderson all the time and will continue to do so!

NRGuy - you are correct, check HOA documents and call the town. The next HOA meeting is 1/21 @ 6:30P at the Clayton Center. The developer is in control of the HOA, there is a new management company, but don't assume they are turning over to residents, guess we will all see what happens at the meeting.

Ferrickhead28 – glad you are happy, even with your issue. Seems Anderson is helping you and you still love your home. We do too.

And, I can't imagine anyone would like to be called out by name on a public forum......

NC_native74 – I am sure that everyone in Flowers is not happy. No builder can make every person happy.

Finally, we are very happy with our Anderson Home and if we had to do it all over again we would!

<offsoapbox>

Last edited by abcxyz123; 01-16-2009 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: had to fix

Old 01-16-2009, 10:32 AM

183 posts, read 671,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcxyz123 View Post
NC_native74 – I am sure that everyone in Flowers is not happy. No builder can make every person happy.
Actually there is no one builder in Flowers, there are several different ones. You are correct in that no builder can make every person happy, but it was just very discerning to hear that about the homes built in Cobblestone, and then went I went online to research them, there were lots of the same opinions. I am glad you had a good experience though!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,951 times
Default Welcome to Cobblestone!

Hi Neighbor

I also live in Cobblestone. The HOA has 30 days from your request to get back to you. After 30 days you have approval by default. If you have passed your 30 days, I would still call Kohn Ell and make sure they received your request (ask for Danny at ext 3009) and tell them the date you sent it. I would then follow-up with a letter referencing your conversation and your approval by default.

I have delt with the assoc on many occasions and if no one calls you back - call the receptionist. for some reason she gets them to call you back!

I have been in Cobblestone for about 3 years now and realize that most of the promises made when we moved in are not going to happen. They blame the economy but I blame the developer (The Walthom Group). When the market was hot they werent releasing the land quick enough and sales were lost. Now we cant even get control of our HOA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinbandfire View Post
I was wondering if anyone else is frustrated with Anderson and Cobblestone point?

Weve been here for over a year... so far we have gotten no where with our 6 month check up, there are many problems with our home...(emphisis on the MANY)

When i purchased here, i was told that we have 2 tennis courts, a Secured pool, and they were working on walking trails and a pool.

Ok- so i know where the tennis courts are and the pool... but what security? the dude reading a book letting kids run rampid while completely unsupervised and letting people in that dont have a card?
and where are those beautiful walking trails, or that great playground?

I just got a bill from our "new"homeowners association... apparently our rates this year have increased to like 30 dollars a month. What in the world are we paying for? the ability to get denied on a fence we want, or having to wait 2 months to get approved- to even install a damn satelitte dish? REALLY?!? And now we are getting an increase- and i still dont see a damn playground. I still cant get deliveries because the road you need to turn down to get to my neighbor is UNNAMED. I mean, seriously?
Extremely frustrated, and i know alot of my neighbors are too... One of them is threating to sue anderson, their attorney has been at there house with inspectors because ANDERSON isnt fixing there warranty, and they moved in a month before us... UGH just really frustrated and wondering if anyone else is having the same problems!

Old 06-11-2009, 05:55 AM

8 posts, read 29,507 times
Are you in the cobblestone area? We gave up. It was like fighting tooth and nail to get things done. Right now since they are in bankruptcy we really cant do anything. But after the whole bankruptcy t hing went down, we all got letters in the mail that the construction companies were putting liens on our houses for all the work that anderson didnt pay for. It doesnt get better than this

I am glad to see someone still recommending them. I am very good friends with my neighbors on my small street and i guarentee NONE of them recommend anderson to newbies driving thru when asked for an opinion. Most are getting ready to sell. We are gonna try to make the best of it.

I dont personally care if they dont want to be named in a forum. The people buying need to know. If this was posted when i was looking to buy, i wouldnt have. and as for lawsuits- we all overpayed for our houses anyway, and personally, my house isnt worth anything while its damaged. No disrespect but If i have to sue and it brings down your home value, so be it.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 AM

3 posts, read 4,375 times
Hello.
My husband and I were actually looking at building in Cobblestone with either KB or Anderson. All I can say is whew...............
But we've got another problem. Anyone know of a good lawyer who handles complaints against covenant provisions. Go to my posting regarding the HOA of Habitat for Humanity new home communities.
If you know of a good lawyer, let me know.
Thanks!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 AM

8 posts, read 29,507 times
Yes, Its been 6 months, and I still hate Anderson! I dont understand what we pay for in the homeowners, the pool is gross, and that is like our only ammenity other than the tennis courts. Still no walking trails or anything else they "promised" They havent even been able to sell any of there available houses because they ARE WAYYYY overpriced for the quality of the house. KB is putting up houses like lightning, the quality is the same, and its much cheaper. The only difference is the yard size. But i guess that is where the cheaper comes to play.
All the wonderful "social" things we pay for like the ice cream social never took place. and if it did they forgot to tell most of us, since we were just talking about the HOA last week. I still cant figure out where our money goes, since all that seems to be done is the lawn is cut.
We figure we overpaid tremendously for this house were going to take a loss no matter what, but hopefully we can get a "good" deal on another house, and we hare currently house hunting now.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:05 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Actually, from what I understand, Anderson can't build anymore houses until the ones that they do have for sale (I think there's like, 3) has been sold. (This is due to that bankruptcy dispute) Again, I could be wrong, its just "from what I understand".

I was actually at the ice cream social, I'm not sure how you missed it.

Yes, KB sold about 30 houses in a short time period so yeah, they are doing pretty good for themselves!

Walking trails are still going to happen, they just have to get the houses up (for where the trails are going through at). They can't build a trail and then put a house next to it. Nothing like walking through and have a board fall on ya. I can't wait to see where it's going through. If it goes through the community space in my backyard, guess I'll have to get my fence up sooner. Otherwise, nothing like a Mastiff saying "Good morning" to you from an underground dog fence! hee hee!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 5,402 times
Don’t even get me started about Anderson Homes...... I have a cracked foundation that goes all the way from one end of my house to the other and they have no desire to uphold their "warranty" obligations either. They have already told me they aren’t going to do anything about since they have no money. That is just one of the MANY issues I am having with the crap house I paid over 200,000 for. I will never be able to dump it either without taking a MAJOR loss on it.

As for their energy efficient house....Get a Thermo picture take of your house and find out just how NON energy efficient it is. The houses leak all over the place! Just out of curiosity I checked several around me to find the exact same thing on their as i did on mine (since I have access to a thermo imaging camera).

I can tell you right now, it isn’t going to get any better. I had the VP of construction come out and he did NOTHING nor would he or his assistant call me back after several messages left. I too am hiring an attorney - I have to get my own engineers to monitor and recommend corrective action, EMSL will be taking mold samples (from the crack that is taking moisture into my hard woods) since they say it’s not and I know it is. And the list goes on. So all in all this is costing me another 5 grand on top of the 200k i spent on a pile of junk that is built worse than a mobile home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary