Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 09:31 AM

290 posts, read 689,575 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are looking to move up here from Florida, and saw a home Southeast of downtown Raleigh. It's near the corner of Rock Quarry Rd. & Battle Bridge Rd..zipcode is 27610. Is this an okay area? Good jobs in the area? Is Raleigh in general a nice place to move to? Any pointers are great. Thanks.

We've literally just started looking recently & I really have no idea of the areas, so please excuse my little knowledge about the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 09:44 AM

63 posts, read 216,911 times
Thats an up and coming area they are trying to "rebuild". The subdivison its self is pretty nice (houses are a little to close togehter for my taste) and for what you are getting the price is right. The problem is the area its in. Its not the most convenient area because there is only one little run down shopping center and in the summer the concert traffic (Walnut creek amphitheater) is ridiculous on that road and back there you will pretty much hear every word of every song being played. (I drive past that subdivision to go to softball during the fall and spring seasons) Also I think that one is close to I-40 so you may get some highway noise too. But if they are still giving the deals that I was when I was looking to buy, a little traffic and a few extra min drive to do some shopping might be worth it for your budget/ bang for your buck! (people are buying them)

Old 12-24-2008, 09:46 AM

Some one else make sure I'm thinking about the right place I think the subdivision is actually called "Battle ridge"

Old 12-24-2008, 10:07 AM

John's Point I think is the subdivision in particular

Old 12-24-2008, 10:27 AM

ok thats just a but further out but the same observations apply... I would suggest just taking a trip up here an looking around the RTP area in general is really nice and there are a lot of great places to work. Along with raleigh you can search Cary, Apex, Durham, possibly Clayton, morrisville, and Hollysprings. I would look for north raleigh listings as well

Old 12-24-2008, 10:31 AM

43,366 posts, read 77,271,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otown native View Post
John's Point I think is the subdivision in particular
A few shots of John's Point from last year:

Prior to finish:

Old 12-24-2008, 12:14 PM

pparks,
Thanks for all the info! Greatly appreciated.

And Mike,
Thanks for the great pics man. Really gives a sense of the place.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:47 PM

12,628 posts, read 32,114,094 times
Do a search on this forum for 27610. It will give you some valuable info about that zip. I wouldn't limit myself to that one area. Another thing you may consider is where you'll be working and your commute. I too am leaving FL to go to the Raleigh area. Good luck!

Old 12-24-2008, 04:02 PM

208 posts, read 634,400 times
Come on UP!!! Not too familiar with the area (been to Walnut Creek, that's all), but yes the Raleigh area is a great place to live. There are tons of posts on here from happy people that have moved here.

There are 3 FL transplants in my subdivision and they all love it. I moved from the Greenville, SC area and like it a lot.

The jobs...that depends on what field you are in. Not sure of your price range, but Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Apex, and Holly Springs all have affordable places to live, but are a little further out but not a long way from everything.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:37 AM

19 posts, read 69,914 times
I'm heading to Raleigh too from S. Florida (Palm Beach County). I can't wait to get out of this crazinesss! I'm looking for a great area with a very good high school. Sounds like a lot of us Floridians will be living in N.C. soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary