Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:19 PM

330 posts, read 985,034 times

Advertisements

Which of the Summit Campus is most "diverse". I have mixed-race friends who might be interested if they aren't all white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 07:38 AM

Which of the Summit Campus is most "diverse". I have mixed-race friends who might be interested if they aren't all white.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:43 AM

93 posts, read 326,612 times
I guess it depends on what is meant by non-denominational. Sometimes Non Denominational just means that a minister wants to do things his own way.

Unitarian Universalist is a denomination, but not in the sense that you must subscribe to a particular carved in stone set of beliefs. We do have an order of service with beautiful traditions and a credo that we follow. Also, excellent religious education that is far more comprehensive than any I have seen elsewhere. Students who self identify as UUs score better on the SATs than any other denomination. We like to think independently.

We tend not to be Christ-centered but there is never any reason NOT to carry Christ in your heart at a UU service. Worship in a UU church is led by a minister AND a worship committee so congregants DO have a say in the tone/focus of services.

Unitarian Universalism is more values-driven than any other congregation I have visited. Social Action is a big part of what we do. You could say it is our mission.

We welcome diversity in all forms, including GLBT.

I would suggest to the OP that if their friends are unsure of what they are looking for in a worship experience, they go to beliefnet.com. There is a quiz there that will match their personal beliefs with a denomination...might give them a few more options that "NON-denominational" doesn't really cover.

I visited UU Raleigh on Sunday and recommend it highly. I will be joining there when I move to NC!

Old 08-29-2009, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,187 times
You should try Celebration Family Church (Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more) in North Raleigh off of Capital Blvd. Its are a non-denominational church as well as an international church. The youth ministry is awesome because they do so much with the kids from the nursery all the way up to teenagers. All are welcome as non are looked down upon as we are "Holier than thou". If you get a chance check out the web site and pay a visit one Sunday. I believe you'd enjoy it.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:27 PM

Have heard good things about Celebration Family Church for all those up in Wake Forest -- Northeast Raleigh!

Old 10-26-2013, 12:28 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,941 times
Looking for the same thing as the OP's friends, but since it is four years later, was wondering if there are any other suggestions.

Also, I'm interested in North Raleigh Community Church, just based on their website alone. Anyone a member?

Old 09-29-2014, 02:29 PM

4,605 posts, read 6,427,227 times
What is North Raleigh Community Church like?

Old 10-02-2015, 01:54 PM

5 posts, read 4,784 times
Quote:
They are wanting one that has less than 300 people and one that won't freak them out (like from people screaming or shaking or stuff like that).
I hear yá I know that this is kinda of an old thread, but I'm sure folks are still looking for churches in Cary or the general RDU region.

One church that fits the bill is Antioch Community Church in Cary. They are a small church with under/around 300 visitors as of October 2015. They have 2 services at 9 and 11am. This is great for our family, since the kids are up early, and we have more of a day left after church.

They also have many college students from NC-State and Duke there. Check them out here: [url=http://www.antiochrdu.com]Churches in Cary NC | Antioch RDU | Non Denominational Church[/url]

Old 11-09-2015, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,210 times
Wow, this is old... but if anyone is still looking for a church in Raleigh I'd highly recommend checking out New Life Triangle.

I'm a member there and it's a small, but very special community with an amazing core group of people. We believe that diversity is actually a core part of the church's mission and so are very welcoming to any and all cultures and backgrounds. I've read that only 2.5% of Christian churches in the US are multi-ethnic/multicultural, and New Life Triangle is one of that small fraction of churches.

The church is small enough to be an intimate, personal experience, but large enough that we actually have a children's program (which, I know first-hand is a deal-breaker for parents with young kids).

Pastor Sam is a very intelligent teacher/preacher that really makes you think. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary to find him quoting poets, philosophers, and even scientific research papers in his sermons.

It's a place that I proudly call home now that I've found it.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:37 AM

75 posts, read 77,780 times
Have heard great things about New Life and its diversity.

Another that fits the bill is Ekklesia Church -- Ekklesia Raleigh |
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary