Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:28 AM

41 posts, read 223,588 times

Advertisements

Anyone been there? I have my first appointment next week. How is Dr. Price? What can I expect on my first visit?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,926,227 times
I went there and saw Dr. Price even. I found him to be very competent, down to business, not a lot of "bedside manner" though. They ran all the tests, figured out the probable issue, gave us some suggestions, and then we took it from there. We had to adjust our timing, and just keep trying, but we did conceive on our own (after 2 years of trying) and now have a 2.5 year old girl. AND we are now pregnant again!

On the first visit I think they just did a long Q/A and then just scheduled me to come back for CD3 and CD18 or so bloodwork and then a follow-up to review the results. (I don't remember which dates exactly...) I remember that I had brought all my charts from FertilityFriend.com with me (which, by the way, I highly recommend), but they didn't really look at them much and that surprised me. They weren't much into charting.

Good luck!

Old 11-17-2008, 02:11 PM

Great info ADVentive! Thanks!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:35 AM

27 posts, read 104,973 times
Thumbs up Good luck

I have never been but just wanted to wish you, very sincerely, good luck. We struggled with fertility issues for almost two years before getting some tests and we're now proud parents of 2 wonderful kids. I also wanted to second the recommendation of fertilityfriend.com.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:11 PM

Awww! Thank you s-jdoherty That is so encouraging to hear. We've also been trying for almost 2 years. I'm definitely checking out fertilityfriend.com.

Thanks again!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:16 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,194,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wufpak27 View Post
Awww! Thank you s-jdoherty That is so encouraging to hear. We've also been trying for almost 2 years. I'm definitely checking out fertilityfriend.com.

Thanks again!
if you haven't yet read it, get a copy of taking charge of your fertility by Toni Wechsler--kinda goes hand in hand with fertilityfriend. Good luck!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:48 PM

280 posts, read 741,269 times
I had been there many years ago - the result is my strapping 5 year old son .
We struggled with fertility for 2 years and saw Dr Couchman who was very nice. She was very upfront about what our chances were and did not give us false hopes. I really liked that. I didnt want to be promised the moon and then be disappointed.I think she has left Duke tho. All the best and pm me if you need any more info or just need to went Good Luck

Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 PM

96 posts, read 477,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nclass View Post
I had been there many years ago - the result is my strapping 5 year old son .
We struggled with fertility for 2 years and saw Dr Couchman who was very nice. She was very upfront about what our chances were and did not give us false hopes. I really liked that. I didnt want to be promised the moon and then be disappointed.I think she has left Duke tho. All the best and pm me if you need any more info or just need to went Good Luck
Dr.Couchman is with Carolina Conceptions now. I'm going there right now. So, OP, PM me if you want to talk/exchange notes.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:53 PM

8 posts, read 27,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgrl View Post
if you haven't yet read it, get a copy of taking charge of your fertility by Toni Wechsler--kinda goes hand in hand with fertilityfriend. Good luck!
I absolutely agree.

My husband and I have been TTC his first for over 2 years. Getting to know your own body makes a world of difference!! Best of luck to you!!

Old 11-02-2011, 12:54 PM

621 posts, read 3,206,511 times
Hi all, I know this is an old post, but wanted to see if anyone had any current reviews of Duke Fertility center? I have an appt in 2 weeks and am driving 2 hours to get there, so I'm hoping their reputation is still good, and worth the drive. Thanks for any comments!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary