Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2007, 09:16 PM

112 posts, read 630,013 times

Advertisements

I tried doing search on this community, but it's not been talked about I guess. Is this a brand new community? Anyone have any info on it? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Yes, it is new.
Among currently active homes for sale on the MLS, there are townhomes and detached homes with prices ranging from the $220's to low $400's.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:52 AM

112 posts, read 630,013 times
Thanks for your reply. Do you know when the village shopping center for this development is supposed to be built and active? I'm wondering how long a huge development like this will take to finish building. Hmmm.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:06 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,063,738 times
I really don't know a lot about the community. I just did a quick search on the MLS to get you something.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:59 AM

579 posts, read 2,863,161 times
Hi,
I live right behind that community. The village shops buildings have been constructed but they are currently only shells. I believe that all but one phase have been started. There is one more phase (pahse 3) that is supposed to start in 2008 around one of the lakes in the back.

The houses are exquisite. That's the only word I can think of for them. They are loaded with custom features and details like crown molding, granite, wrought iron, etc. They remind me of the quality of the charleston style homes in Bedford in N Raleigh only these are craftsman style. The lots are small but on the upside you will have less maintenance. The desired look is very "main street USA" and it's a very pretty community.

You will also be able to walk to the Harris Teeter, Applebees, Chic-fil-a, and dunkin donuts with is right at the corner of the s/d entrance.

Here is the website www.lakestonevillage.com

Old 02-12-2007, 08:09 AM

473 posts, read 1,736,933 times
I think the above post says it all. I cut thru there once in a while to get to Honeycut Rd which is runs on the other side of it. It looks nice.

Linda

Old 02-12-2007, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 7,643 times
Default Lakestone village

I live in Lakestone village it is nicest placed I lived. Right now I understand the shops are not rented. HOA fees run $120.00 a quarter. Very safe place to live and people are very friendly.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:31 PM

35 posts, read 129,912 times
Default Lakestone Village

Can you tell me more about Lakestone village? I looked at the website but I didn't seem to get too much information from it. How large are the lots? Is there a pool or walking trails? It mentions "lakes", how far away are they? We are moving from New England are looking for great neighborhoods within a reasonable commute to RTP with decent sized lots and a pool under $300,000. Any help is appreciated!

Old 02-13-2007, 07:50 AM

579 posts, read 2,863,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on the move View Post
Can you tell me more about Lakestone village? I looked at the website but I didn't seem to get too much information from it. How large are the lots? Is there a pool or walking trails? It mentions "lakes", how far away are they? We are moving from New England are looking for great neighborhoods within a reasonable commute to RTP with decent sized lots and a pool under $300,000. Any help is appreciated!
The lots are very small and the houses are pretty close together. There are going to be walking trails, there is a pool and there are village shops. Houses there start around 300K. You may want to try Ballentine in FV for that criteria. The houses are larger and the lots are a nice size. They also have a pool and walking trails.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:56 AM

709 posts, read 934,611 times
If you get one of the lots with the riparian zone behind you there will be no building behind you. A great neighborhood. There will be 270 single family homes and 74 townhomes. All hardy board siding granite, moldings etc. Not a monster subdivision. Two ponds on the site, yes small lots but with the price of water in wake county the last thing you northerners want is GRASS, it will die out in the summer, unless you water the heck out of fescue and kentucky blue grass. I have seen people with 400 dollar water bills!! A Month with sprinkler systems and a hot dry month!

I would say look at lakestone we have , I am impressed with the builders and the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary