Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:38 AM

546 posts, read 2,416,801 times

Advertisements

I am hoping you guys can help me. I am seriously considering selling my n. raleigh home and moving to clayton. I really like the Broadmoor subdivision off of cleveland school road but do not hear much about it on this forum. It seems like there is much more discussion of Flowers Plantation. I realize tha FP is larger but BM has a better "feel". Broadmoor seems to have great houses, great lots, great schools, etc... Is there something I am missing? I have looked at a some houses in BM and feel like the quaility is very good. Thanks for your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 08:24 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
Default me too?

i am also looking to find thoughts on that area of broadmoor as I am in Fuquay and liked the houses and price. Commute I hear is bad but I will test drive it soon. I saw Broadmoor west, where is the standard broadmor? what is making you leave N raleigh?

Old 02-09-2007, 06:17 AM

214 posts, read 701,708 times
I thought the Broadmoor development was very nice. The houses were beautiful and most of the lots were nice. One lot we looked at had a very strange triangular shape and I wasn't sure if they would be building any other houses behind it or not. I think Broadmoor and Broadmoor West are right next to each other. When we started looking at houses last spring, we were looking there and in the Island Creek subdivision but decided to buy on the other side of Clayton mostly because it seemed closer to the places I would be going for shopping, etc. Also when I visited schools, I received the warmest welcome at East Clayton Elementary and the principal spent some time with us discussing the school and curriculum. But that being said, I don't think there is anything wrong with the schools in the Cleveland area of Clayton.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 6,962 times
Thumbs up "Village Lakes" or "Walnut Creek" ???

I'm considering buying a home in Raleigh for investment purposes. I have one in mind at "Village Lakes" and one at "Walnut Creek" is there a strong preference either way ???

Old 02-09-2007, 09:33 AM

I love n. raleigh but I think I could get a lot more house for my money out there. I also like the small but growing feel of clayton. Broadmoor West is the latest phase of the Broadmoor subdivision. I am heading back out this weekend to have another look...

Old 02-09-2007, 12:04 PM

139 posts, read 550,530 times
Default broadmoor vs. flowers

I can relate to having this problem as we have seriously looked at both places for at least 6 months. DH really liked Broadmoor also. I think the builders are similar for both places. I just was not a fan of the "all brick" community in Broadmoor West. Also, you have to choose which area of "Clayton" you would like to be in. (I think Cleveland is really its own area.) Both have their goods/bads. For us we decided to build at Flowers as we have been in Clayton for 7 years and wanted to be closer to town. If you do go in Broadmoor West, look for Kirkwood Builders-very good.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the info ncmomtothree. I know that Broadmoor (not west) is not all brick and is less expensive. I kind of like the all brick look in BW. I will look at Kirkwood but I am very interested in two houses by Robin Farkas Homes. Good luck with your house!

Old 02-16-2007, 02:08 PM

38 posts, read 154,940 times
Default picking a subdivision

If you like the feel of Broadmoor more there is a reason for it, I went through the same thing while house hunting. My husband & I kept going back to one particular subdivision and then second guessing ourselves and checking others. We finally decided on the one that "felt right" and we couldn't be happier. Good luck

Old 02-16-2007, 03:37 PM

Thanks. That is exactly what we are doing... We are going back to two houses in bm and then comparing to others in area. I know there is interest in at least one of them so if we are serious we should move on it. I guess the fact that we keep comparing every neighborhood to this one and every house to the two we are thinking about says it all.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:32 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Thats so funny because I tell my clients that they will KNOW the house they want to buy and they'll KNOW if they like the neighborhood by the FEEL of it. And even though they sometimes laugh at me, they always end up telling me that I was right!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary