Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,886 times

Advertisements

Hello,
New to posting here. We live in Connecticut and have wanted to relocate and tossed it around for years. We researched Upstate NY, Mass, Fl. We have found North Carolina! I have been searching and searching and found some nice spots in NC. Thats why I am here. I am hoping ppl. can fill in the spots where I don't know. How is Wake Forest? Raleigh? I am leaning more towards the Raleigh area. Could someone give me an idea, of whats around raleigh, the towns or cities, for instance is cary next raleigh and how long? Would someone be willing to post the surrounding areas of North Raleigh? and then into Raleigh? Our area of connecticut is semi-slow paced, we live in a town. I was interested to see all the pics of the homes, the waterfalls, etc. We are interested in something like hedingham townhomes, or a rental home, something that offers a rollover to purchase, so we are not wasting rent. Where is hendinham town homes in Raliegh.. what is it around???

I would need some assistance on where to post for my husbands employment, as well as I mine! Are there agencies that help assist ppl who relocate. Our main goal is to secure a job, and seek the surrounding areas. Any help, adivce, would so so helpful! Our goal is for Spring/ Summer 2009. Thanks for any input!

HOw are taxes there? Utils? I heard about gas prices? My husband is in the financial industry/management, how is the job market down there??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 01:13 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,186,297 times
The job market is good in some skills, bad in others. Don't come here without a job.

Hedingham gets mixed reviews. Good prices but near an area of high crime.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:11 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,111,654 times
Do a search on CD for alot of your questions. There are some wonderful posts. Also, at the top of the CD page, there are some awesome pictures.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:30 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,133,388 times
I think you will find the cost of living less than you experience now. Jobs in the finance area are dependent on your expertise. Can you go into more explanation concerning the job?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:48 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,439,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia marie View Post
Hello,
New to posting here. We live in Connecticut and have wanted to relocate and tossed it around for years. We researched Upstate NY, Mass, Fl. We have found North Carolina! I have been searching and searching and found some nice spots in NC. Thats why I am here. I am hoping ppl. can fill in the spots where I don't know. How is Wake Forest? Raleigh? I am leaning more towards the Raleigh area. Could someone give me an idea, of whats around raleigh, the towns or cities, for instance is cary next raleigh and how long? Would someone be willing to post the surrounding areas of North Raleigh? and then into Raleigh? Our area of connecticut is semi-slow paced, we live in a town. I was interested to see all the pics of the homes, the waterfalls, etc. We are interested in something like hedingham townhomes, or a rental home, something that offers a rollover to purchase, so we are not wasting rent. Where is hendinham town homes in Raliegh.. what is it around???

I would need some assistance on where to post for my husbands employment, as well as I mine! Are there agencies that help assist ppl who relocate. Our main goal is to secure a job, and seek the surrounding areas. Any help, adivce, would so so helpful! Our goal is for Spring/ Summer 2009. Thanks for any input!

HOw are taxes there? Utils? I heard about gas prices? My husband is in the financial industry/management, how is the job market down there??
I believe Hedingham has been discussed in great detail in other threads on this board - I suggest searching Hedingham and read the posts very carefully....

Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 AM

9 posts, read 48,288 times
Moved from CT to Wake Forest in 2006. Just let me know what you are looking for Amelia Marie and I will try and help. Wake Forest is a lovely place to live.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,349,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia marie View Post
Hello,

My southern accent answer: Hey!

How is Wake Forest? In six words. "A Very Nice Place To Live". You could live in Wake Forest and still 'lean' and/or work in Raleigh. Not a problem its only a short distance / sometimes long time away from each other! The distance between Wake Forest and Raleigh always stays the same but the time to get between the two varies anywhere between 15 minutes to 45 minutes. Depends on the time of the day you traverse the distance.

North Raleigh! That is a tough questions as no one really knows where North Raleigh begins and ends. Kind of a ledgend of sorts down in these parts. Depends who you ask and how long they lived here is what I found out. So can't be much help to you on that question. But rest assures I will be watching and reading this thread for the countless answers you will receive.

Cary is south west of Raleigh as the crow flys. I can't tell you as the roads wind as the Raleigh Beltline is weaved in through Raleigh and Cary and I get confused what direction I am going when I'm on it and have to refer to my trusty time telling watch to really know the direction. May not make sense to you know but once you get here and travel the Beltline you will truly understand that your watch has much more function than just telling you time! With the right rossetta stone it will give you direction too!

Wake Forest is semi slow and semi fast I suppose it all depends. Being from the northeast as I you may find it semislow too! Some people I have encountered feel its fast paced...so you just never know!

One nice thing and there are many nice things about Wake Forest is its abundance of places to live, from new to old, from rent to own, you can have your pick! I don't know about Hedingham it does sound like a place that should have castles and knights and that might be nice!

As far as gas price, yes we pay for gas and today its about $1.75 gallon. Yes we do pay taxes, some more than others it all depends on what your home is worth and what plot of land it sets on. Kind of like in Conn., huh?

But with a little research you should be able to find exactly what you are looking for in Raleigh or anyone of its satellite communities in all 360 degrees sourrounding it. Good luck and welcome!

Hint:
Wake Forest Wake Forest Wake Forest Wake Forest....OK so Im biased!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:35 AM

746 posts, read 2,249,621 times
we live in Wake Forest and love it! (hubby is from New England, I'm from NY)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary