Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:59 PM

116 posts, read 266,131 times

Advertisements

I just want to take the time to wish everyone a great holiday weekend in the Triangle. Looks like glorious weather headed our way, so enjoy the outdoor activities. Spend time with family and loved ones. Enjoy each precious moment of the long weekend and be ever so thankful that we live in an area that actually has jobs for us to go back to on Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 05:12 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,569,062 times
Thanks so much you have a great holiday as well. I expect to spend alot of time with family :-) My daughter is having a baby today at UNC. Great Holiday weekend and my dad turns 80 today too.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:25 AM

5,747 posts, read 17,626,895 times
I expect to spend lots of time outdoors today. I had 5 yards of topsoil delivered yesterday and I have another 6 being delivered today. I have a really nice "farmer tan" that I'm working on.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:33 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,441,559 times
I love having 3 day weekends! Today, heading over to the Farmer's Market in Raleigh, my favoritie shopping venue. I try to go every weekend. We have a big party to go to on Monday and I'm looking forward to that since we're new and have no family in the area. The party is in Durham, at some gorgeous home off Hillandale. I couldn't help myself and I looked it up on the Durham County deeds - yikes, well over a million dollars. Can't wait to see the place! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:42 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,319,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Start Today View Post
Enjoy each precious moment of the long weekend...
I already have a hangover from participating in an impromptu neighborhood "meeting" last night that ran till 1am. I don't know if I'm having a precious moment right now. I need to get over it though because I have a cold 6-pack of Big Boss Beer chilling in the fridge to bring to the neighbors at noon to enjoy the first weekend of College Football. Hokies vs. ECU... can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
I expect to spend lots of time outdoors today. I had 5 yards of topsoil delivered yesterday and I have another 6 being delivered today. I have a really nice "farmer tan" that I'm working on.
Dude, that is awesome. That is a lot of dirt!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:03 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,069,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieF View Post
Thanks so much you have a great holiday as well. I expect to spend alot of time with family :-) My daughter is having a baby today at UNC. Great Holiday weekend and my dad turns 80 today too.
Congrats, Debbie! I'm sure your daughter has been hearing a ton of jokes about going into labor on Labor Day weekend.

We're keeping things quiet at the Steel homestead. This week I was suffering from that terrible summer cold that is making the rounds. Generous soul that I am, I shared my germs with Mr. Steel. He'll thank me later. Alcohol doesn't mesh too well with our cold medicine, so I think we'll pass up the beers and stick with chicken soup.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:30 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,767,709 times
Quote:
Debbie, congratulations!!! How exciting for your whole family. You really will have some precious moments this weekend!! Enjoy them all!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:49 AM

43,389 posts, read 77,320,136 times
Quote:
Have a joyous weekend, Debbie!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:55 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,441,559 times
Debbie - best wishes to you and your family. Just think, you'll be "Grandma" sometime today. A truly joyous occasion!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:52 AM

12,638 posts, read 32,129,128 times
Quote:
Congratulations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary