Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,678 times

Advertisements

I have recently accepted a position working in Bunter North Carolina and will be moving to the Raleigh area. I am originally from Michigan currently living in Brooklyn. I would like any input from the young professional Triangle community on where I should begin looking to purchase a home. I'm a single African American female that has lived in very diverse neighborhoods and really just want an area that is safe and easily accessible to shopping, parks and acitivities. Also where are the best golfing ranges / courses. I'm not a night club person but I do enjoy going out to lounge type events any information would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am a proud member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. and will be looking to join a local graduate chapter. Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 11:54 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,094,205 times
Default Try Brentwood

I think you mean you'll be working in "Butner."

Google the words Beautiful Brentwood and you'll find a neighborhood association page with information on that subdivision. It has reasonably priced homes.

It's safe and easily accessible to everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwoa5 View Post
I have recently accepted a position working in Bunter North Carolina and will be moving to the Raleigh area. I am originally from Michigan currently living in Brooklyn. I would like any input from the young professional Triangle community on where I should begin looking to purchase a home. I'm a single African American female that has lived in very diverse neighborhoods and really just want an area that is safe and easily accessible to shopping, parks and acitivities. Also where are the best golfing ranges / courses. I'm not a night club person but I do enjoy going out to lounge type events any information would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am a proud member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. and will be looking to join a local graduate chapter. Thanks again

Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,422,405 times
Welcome to beautiful NC! I'm not young (lol) but I am an NP working at Duke and wanted to let you know there is huge PA presence here in the Triangle. There are tons of PAs at Duke, UNC and in the general community setting. I'm certain you'll be able to find quite a few colleagues or some type of meet-up which would enable you to make contacts. Good luck on your upcoming move.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:40 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,147,676 times
Welcome to NC! I'm all about minimizing commute, so if I were working in Butner but wanted to live closer to the city I'd probably be looking at North Durham. I think the West Point at the Eno park is one of the most beautiful parks in the Triangle and I'd love to be closer to it. But I confess that I've never actually lived in that area of the Triangle (I have in a lot of others). I know Treyburn has nice new development and a nice golf course, but I think there are some older neighborhoods closer to the Eno. I think Danadana on this board lives up that way and could give you more advice.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:31 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
Brentwood is a good value, but gas is too high for a daily Butner commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary