Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2007, 08:14 PM

23 posts, read 81,458 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone-
My fiance and I (late 20s, no children) are trying to narrow our search with housing developments in North Raleigh. We would prefer:

-A house that was bulit in the mid-late 90s, <.25 acre of land, 1800-2000sqft
-Price range <225K
-Close access to 540, Rte 70 or 50
-Close proximity to shopping (ie target, home depot, supermarket)

Any advice on where the "more reputable and established" developments are would be much appreciated! Also, any builders that have a great track record, we'd love to hear about them too!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 09:15 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,385,325 times
I'd recommend Harrington Grove, Dominion Park and Woodlawn, off the top of my head. Even though they are close to the airport and at times, you'll see some planes up close, people just don't seem to mind. I've sold a few in each neighborhood and have very happy clients, years later. The prices in the area just keep going up. Some of that has to do with the closeness of 540, easy access to RTP and the Leesville Road Schools. Vicki

Old 01-23-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Thanks

Vicki-

Thanks for the feedback. We had looked at a couple of houses in Harrington Grove and did notice the planes overhead. Seems as though the proximity to the airport does not affect the values of the homes there.

I'll have to look into the other developments you're talking about...

Jason

Old 01-23-2007, 01:11 PM

The planes are close but dont' shake the windows! I've actually sat out there with clients two summers ago to listen to the planes to see if they were bothered by them. We noticed that only sometimes during the summer evenings, we had to actually stop talking for about 30 seconds. It didn't bother them, they wanted the North Raleigh schools so they did purchase the house.

I think its worth checking out. One of the agents in my office will be listing a home over there this week, so keep your eyes peeled! It will go fast.

Vicki

Old 01-23-2007, 01:38 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,077,991 times
What about Northwyck, lake forest and simms branch. It is worth just driving through, see if you like the neighborhoods!

Hopefully you will find more than one that you like!

Leigh

Old 01-23-2007, 08:21 PM

Vicki/Leigh-

Now I have some names to go by...at first glance the North Raleigh area can be overwhelming with all the developments. I figured there were some that were more desirable/reputable than others...Probably why houses in Harrington Grove don't last long on the market. Being in a great school district helps out as well.

I can see how driving through can help, but nothing beats talking to the people that actually live there and ask what attacted them to their developments, and why there are still there.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 PM

I think you'll find that as you drive through neighborhoods, you can actually stop and chat with the neighbors out walking their dogs, etc. People are very friendly and will happily answer any questions. At least, thats been my experience. I can have a whole conversation standing in line at the grocery store! Vicki

Old 01-24-2007, 11:01 AM

271 posts, read 1,217,416 times
Gresham Trace maybe, or Durant Trails.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:51 PM

23 posts, read 120,214 times
Jason,

I purchased my home In Dominion Park last fall and I love it here. We do hear the planes overhead, but it's really not bad. I wanted the Leesville schools and had almost the same wish list as you. Homes here do sell very quickly--PM me if you want any more info, and good luck!

Jackie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary