Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 08:13 AM

120 posts, read 549,900 times

Advertisements

Hello All...I posted in the wrong forum before so forgive me if some of you are reading this again...anyway, my husband and I are relocating to the triangle in a few months with our 9 month old baby. We are familiar with garner, north raleigh and areas around Glenwood since we have family there (why we are moving). However, we don't know much about the Fuquay Varina (FV) area. Can residents of the area please tell me a little more about FV---we are looking to buy a home < $130,000. Is this a good area to raise children? My husband is an artist and we are very open minded people looking to live in a quaint area with character. We will only be going into Raleigh to visit family or galleries, museums, specific restaurants, etc....any info would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2007, 11:06 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,614,452 times
<$130,000?.....goood luck, you are about 5 years too late for that.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:28 PM

653 posts, read 2,990,172 times
Fuquay-Varina is a small town just south of Holly Springs (another town you should consider!)
http://www.fuquay-varina.com/
http://www.fuquay-varina.org/
http://www.fuquay-varinaindependent.com/
You're still in Wake County, so overall the schools are good. It may seem like a long way off for your baby, but it'll be here before you know it!

With regard to the pp's comment... What type of home are you looking for? Your choices will be limited, but there are options.

Good luck!

Old 01-20-2007, 01:58 PM

22 posts, read 32,116 times
Currently there are 6 homes for sale in Fuguay-Varina priced under 140K with at least 3 beds and 2 baths. I actually know some people that live there and really like it because of the small town feel and the fact that they can purchase a home there as apposed to other areas that were a little too much. If you want to check out the homes here are the MLS#'s 881497, 908076, 907479, 904665, 908022, 895868. If you have no interest in these homes then you might want to either go up in price or look somewhere else. A great web site for info is www.masonhouserhomes.com. Good Luck!!

Old 01-20-2007, 02:01 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,614,452 times
You might want to try townhomes...there are some newer townhome developments in that area of Wake county where you may be able to get in with your price range. I just can't imagine finding too many decent single family homes for that price any more.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:03 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,325,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalandraShane View Post
Currently there are 6 homes for sale in Fuguay-Varina priced under 140K with at least 3 beds and 2 baths. I actually know some people that live there and really like it because of the small town feel and the fact that they can purchase a home there as apposed to other areas that were a little too much. If you want to check out the homes here are the MLS#'s 881497, 908076, 907479, 904665, 908022, 895868. If you have no interest in these homes then you might want to either go up in price or look somewhere else. A great web site for info is www.masonhouserhomes.com. Good Luck!!
Those are pretty darn good looking homes for under $140K! Looks like your money can go a long way in Fuquay!

Old 01-21-2007, 08:29 AM

120 posts, read 549,900 times
Default Homes in FV under 130,000

Thank you all for your quick responses....I have been doing a lot of research about Raleigh and the surrounding areas and have come across several homes in FV under $130,000. We're not afraid of doing work on a home--we're excited to own our first home at an affordable price so I can stay home with our daughter...to those of you more familiar with FV, are the homes in this price range typically found in bad neighborhoods in the FV area?

Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 PM

22 posts, read 32,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelee View Post
Thank you all for your quick responses....I have been doing a lot of research about Raleigh and the surrounding areas and have come across several homes in FV under $130,000. We're not afraid of doing work on a home--we're excited to own our first home at an affordable price so I can stay home with our daughter...to those of you more familiar with FV, are the homes in this price range typically found in bad neighborhoods in the FV area?
The best advice I can give you is to drive around the different neighborhoods you think you would like to live in. Drive in the morning and night to see what is going on. You can also stop by some neighbors homes and just go up to their house, knock on the door, and meet them, ask them questions. Don't think this is odd, it is very normal for someone new to an area to ask questions.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:28 PM

260 posts, read 1,192,466 times
Quote:
Hello All...I posted in the wrong forum before so forgive me if some of you are reading this again...anyway, my husband and I are relocating to the triangle in a few months with our 9 month old baby. We are familiar with garner, north raleigh and areas around Glenwood since we have family there (why we are moving). However, we don't know much about the Fuquay Varina (FV) area. Can residents of the area please tell me a little more about FV---we are looking to buy a home < $130,000. Is this a good area to raise children? My husband is an artist and we are very open minded people looking to live in a quaint area with character. We will only be going into Raleigh to visit family or galleries, museums, specific restaurants, etc....any info would be great!

Hi Zeelee,

Don't get discouraged.. My husband and I just bought a really cute home in Fuquay (Phhillips Pointe Subdivison) for only $135,000! It has 1360 sq ft, 3 bdrms & 2 baths, open floor plan, good amount of land, on cul-de-sac - though no garage. We are only there part time right now - long story. We love the town , really cute and were close to shopping, walmart & home depot. You should look on realtor.com .... In fact the house next door to us just went on the market a few days ago. Let me know if you need a good realtor, ours was great!! Super and patient w/kids. Good luck and let me know if you need any other info!!

Old 01-26-2007, 08:48 AM

134 posts, read 550,102 times
Quote:
Welcome to F-V! we just moved here in November and find most of the people to be quite friendly. There are a few artisan places in F-V, and I know my wife is working on setting up a pottery and beading store and would really love to have a few other artists around to share ideas.... all in good time. We need to get all of our stuff here first LOL.

We chose to be in Harnett county with a F-V address. We found the schools to be easy to work with and responsive. There is enough shopping around and you are only 20-30 minutes to Cary for the "major" stores.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more specific questions and I will do what I can to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary