Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 05:16 PM

140 posts, read 1,654,699 times

Advertisements

We're in an apartment now. Wondering where to buy a house.

How's the commute from the Wake Forest/Youngsville area to the RTP?

Is Hwy 1 down to I-540 the only real way to go?

Google says Youngsville to RTP is 41 mins, but during the morning commute, you gotta add some to that. I'm thinking maybe 20-30 mins?

Where are the real clogs along that route?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 08:18 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,991 times
Depending on where exactly in RTP you are heading, and where in Youngsville you are driving from, you should be able to make it to RTP in 40-45 minutes, even accounting for rush hour.

One option is to take US-1 South to Hwy 98 West. From Hwy 98 West, you have several choices:
  • Hwy 98 West to: right on Creedmoor Rd.; right on I-540
  • Hwy 98 West to: left on Old Creedmoor Rd (it will turn into Carpenters Pond eventually); right on Leesville Rd; left on I-70; right on Page Rd.; left on TW Alexandar Dr.
  • Hwy 98 West to: left on Sherron Rd. (turns into Miami Blvd). You will eventually cross over I-70, and Miami Blvd. will intersect TW Alexander Dr.
From what I've read, the first two seem to be more popular with folks who commute from Wake Forest as some have stated that Miami Blvd. can get rather congested during rush hour.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:48 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,345,570 times
It certainly depends on when you need to make that commute. If its before rush hour before 7:30am you can also go Rt98 to left on Thompson Mill Rd and a right onto Old highway 98 and then a left onto Falls of Nuese down to Rt 540. This avoids the traffic on Capital and some lights. I use this route daily and find it to be quicker than using just Rt 98 to Shearon Rd.

You just have to be careful not to use after 7:30AM as Falls of Nuese gets backed up from Wakefield High School down to Rt 540.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary