Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:00 PM

31 posts, read 103,217 times

Advertisements

I'm on hold with them now. I called before and waited 17 minutes waiting to cancel my service before I finally got tired of it & hung up. I just called back & said I wanted to upgrade service. Guess what. I got right through to a sales rep. Of course when I told him I needed to cancel service he transferred me to customer service where I'm back to holding.

There must be a better alternative for cable/satellite & internet for people who don't have land line phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 06:17 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,529,373 times
There isn't for internet. Just about any place bugs you and doesn't put a priority on people canceling. I expect it.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:27 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,181,126 times
I've had good luck with them except for a garbage DVR box that I returned.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:30 PM

300 posts, read 973,689 times
Your choice is a no brainer. Sign up for DirecTV & BellSouth DSL (AT&T). You get a bundled discount (I think it's $5 off a month). Ask BellSouth for a "dry loop" DSL connection, which is a DSL connection with no voice service. They won't advertise it anywhere, but they're required to offer it.

I've had DirecTV for 7 years and their service, price and quality is excellent. They've won many JD Power surveys for customer service.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:47 PM

31 posts, read 103,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobirdz27 View Post
Your choice is a no brainer. Sign up for DirecTV & BellSouth DSL (AT&T). You get a bundled discount (I think it's $5 off a month). Ask BellSouth for a "dry loop" DSL connection, which is a DSL connection with no voice service. They won't advertise it anywhere, but they're required to offer it.

I've had DirecTV for 7 years and their service, price and quality is excellent. They've won many JD Power surveys for customer service.

That would be ideal if I could do that. You don't have to pay any extra each month for the DSL connection? I always thought you had to have or pay for a phone line, but that's great if you don't.

After 25 minutes of waiting the 2nd time around I finally spoke with someone who was very pleasant, but waiting almost 45 minutes total to speak to someone is ridiculous.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:53 PM

26 posts, read 81,641 times
I was on hold with them for 28 minutes last week because they screwed up my final bill (charged us $80 for something we had already paid for). Once I got someone who acknowledged that my bill was wrong, she had to get a supervisor to sign off on my credit, so we had to wait for 20 more minutes for someone to agree to credit my account. I could tell that the lady who helped me (who was very nice) was very annoyed to have to wait. They need to empower their employees to do their jobs! It's no wonder they're ALWAYS experiencing unusally heavy call volume, but don't worry YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO THEM and THEY WILL SPEND THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME ON YOUR CALL AS EVERYONE ELSE.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:59 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,433,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV407 View Post
I'm on hold with them now. I called before and waited 17 minutes waiting to cancel my service before I finally got tired of it & hung up. I just called back & said I wanted to upgrade service. Guess what. I got right through to a sales rep. Of course when I told him I needed to cancel service he transferred me to customer service where I'm back to holding.

There must be a better alternative for cable/satellite & internet for people who don't have land line phone.
We had our cable/internet/phone hooked up by TWC 2 weeks ago. We experienced some problems initially which required several calls. Twice we were on hold for 27-28 minutes then got disconnected!!! Talk of being irate! We finally got through, complained loudly and were given a $75 credit. Next we called Verizon to see if they serviced this area but that was a negative or we would have switched on the spot.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:03 PM

65 posts, read 266,990 times
Thumbs down twc

You guys are lucky to even get through, I get the engaged tone all the time.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:04 PM

83 posts, read 335,873 times
I would recommend when needing to get in touch using the Live Chat option. You get helped really quickly and don't have to stand with a phone to your ear.

I truly hate cable...I will NEVER EVER get away from DirecTV. Phone and Internet are okay because of the deal they keep giving me, but I can't stand them and even if DirecTV was more, I would still use them out of principle.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:07 PM

65 posts, read 266,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppGirl82 View Post
I was on hold with them for 28 minutes last week because they screwed up my final bill (charged us $80 for something we had already paid for). Once I got someone who acknowledged that my bill was wrong, she had to get a supervisor to sign off on my credit, so we had to wait for 20 more minutes for someone to agree to credit my account. I could tell that the lady who helped me (who was very nice) was very annoyed to have to wait. They need to empower their employees to do their jobs! It's no wonder they're ALWAYS experiencing unusally heavy call volume, but don't worry YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO THEM and THEY WILL SPEND THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME ON YOUR CALL AS EVERYONE ELSE.
I love it when they say "our customers are most important to us". Ye right, all they care about is the bottom line. It is funny how in this day and age one gets the better service from goverment departments like the post offfice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary