Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 02:10 PM

169 posts, read 541,609 times

Advertisements

Things are improving in the Raleigh diocese, a large part due to our new Bishop who is a God send.

The Church you are looking for is St. Joseph Catholic Church in SE Raleigh. Msgr. Williams is a very holy priest.

St. Joseph Catholic Church
[SIZE=+1]2813 Poole Road and the corner of Donald Ross Drive
Raleigh, North Carolina[/SIZE]
Every Wednesday they have a Novena Mass as follows:
5:45pm - Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
6pm-7pm - Confessions
7-7:30 - Rosary
7:30-8:30 -Novena prayers, then Novena Mass

A Traditional Latin Mass is offerred every 4th Sunday at 4pm in the Cathedral in downtown Raleigh.

A Weekly Traditional Latin Mass is offerred every noon at Sacred Heart in Dunn (about an hour from Raleigh).

There is also a Byzantine Catholic Church in Cary (and another mission Church somewhere in Raleigh). The Church is located at the intersection of Piney Plains and Tryon Road near Cary Crossroads. Divine Liturgy is at 10am every Sunday.

Since you describe yourself as Traditional I would avoid places like St. Franics or St. Michael's. St. Francis is probably the most liberal parish in the diocese (with many liturgical abuses). St. Mike's is a little more moderate.

I've heard good things about the new priest at St. Catherine's in Wake Forest. He is very orthodox and is working hard to improve the parish there.

Let me know if you need any additional information.
God bless,
Brian
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 05:06 PM

80 posts, read 232,239 times
I'm not sure what your definition of a "holy" Catholic church entails.

That said, my family is very blessed to attend Sacred Heart Cathedral. As the "home" church of the Bishop, I assume there are no "liturgical abuses."

Masses are said most days and Cathedral School (along with Lourdes) was one of only a handful of public and private schools in the whole state with the designation of Blue Ribbon School for outstanding academic achievement.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:33 PM

79 posts, read 227,307 times
I know Our Lady of Lourdes has adoration, I believe they may have perpetual adoration. I attend St. Catherine of Siena in Wake Forest, we have adoration currently but will be going to perpetual adoration starting sometime this year. We have a new pastor who is very reverent. We also send our children to school there. The parish community is very active and are very excited about going to perpetual adoration.

If you can be more specific of what it is you are looking for I can try to answer for you.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 AM

5 posts, read 11,748 times
Sacred Heart Cathedral in Raleigh has a Latin(?) mass the first Sunday of every month at 4pm. There is a k-6 school attached to the parish and a high school, Cardinal Gibbons that is a very fine school in local Raleigh area. We have a new Bishop (2 years) who is bringing the parishes into line with proper church norms and proper Mass celebration. Welcome to the area and may you find all and more that you seek in our parishes.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,626 times
anyone aware of any catholic priests in raleigh/durham/cary area who does counselling?

Old 02-10-2015, 06:25 AM

544 posts, read 853,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausmerika View Post
Did you know you were entering "mission territory"? Seriously, I believe the Catholic population is less than 5% (when I moved here it was below 2%!). That said, it is growing. If you are in Raleigh, I would suggest checking out St. Francis. It's the biggest (congregation size) in Raleigh.
If you do go there, a carpool would be a great idea. The church traffic out there is a killer.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:25 AM

1,357 posts, read 4,034,213 times
Call Catholic Charities and they can hook you up with counseling .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary