Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:19 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,759 times

Advertisements

I would be interested to read the HOA's for this development. I wonder if the homeowners who now make up the homeowner's association can now start drafting out their own modifications to it?

Nonetheless, a terrible situation to be in. And with an uncertain future of who may take over or what could be developed there (in terms of neighborhood aesthetics), it makes it tougher I'm sure.

Does anyone have any articles or government documents on the city's response?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 06:19 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMomof2 View Post
One of the residents is a friend of a close friend, and I know they had access to the clubhouse last year. I attended a baby shower there last fall. The resident was talking about how they used the clubhouse all the time as their own private movie theatre. I wonder if they are no longer allowed access. Such a shame.
While they may have been granted access to the clubhouse building, they were using a building without a valid certificate of occupancy.

The building was used for the recent primary election, and I know for a FACT that at that time there was still not a permanent CO. A temporary one was issued for the day of the election.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:28 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoy View Post
I would be interested to read the HOA's for this development. I wonder if the homeowners who now make up the homeowner's association can now start drafting out their own modifications to it?

Nonetheless, a terrible situation to be in. And with an uncertain future of who may take over or what could be developed there (in terms of neighborhood aesthetics), it makes it tougher I'm sure.

Does anyone have any articles or government documents on the city's response?
Considering that the homeowners at this point consist of two families living amidst a dilapidated jobsite, I would think that the HOA documents are pretty much moot. If that were me it would be all I could do to get up in the morning and try to maintain my home.

The town has nothing to respond to. There has been no construction activity in over 8 months-nothing to inspect. The sales trailer was towed away. The taxes on the entire parcel have gone unpaid. There are completed townhouses that sit locked and empty with no MLS listings. Most of the partially completed structures will have to be taken down to the foundation and rebuilt. There are no employees anywhere in North Carolina to call. I would imagine that calling their NJ office would get you nowhere.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:41 PM

37 posts, read 108,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Well, for what it's worth, that subdivision was an odd fit for Apex, especially at that location. The houses were very expensive, and both detached and townhomes were in close proximity (condos were to be added in a 2nd phase). The townhouses tower over a small older ranch on an adjacent lot, and look pretty ridiculous. I remember my realtor said last year that she had toured them, and she didn't think the out-of-town developer really knew what would sell in Apex. Do people really want to pay $400K for a townhouse in Apex? Apparently not, since zero sold.

Anyhow, it will be interesting to see what happens to the property!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
The houses and clubhouse looked very nice, but agreed, did not fit in with that area...... From what I saw of it, that subdivision looked liike it would have been more fit for North of 540 or somwhere off of Regency in Cary. Not small-town (though increasingly upper middle class) Apex.
I wonder if the developers thought that if they built a pricey place like this, it would start to change Apex into a high-end place, change it from the small town that it is. I also wonder if the they DID do their homework, seeing that Apex is so highly rated and that the growth in the area is tremendous, that the conclusion was that the area was growing into a pricey area and they would be involved in the early stages of this. I find this all very interesting though! (I live maybe 2 miles from this place, but have never seen it. Now I want to take a look!

Someone in the town government must have approved this level of housing to be in Apex. Does this mean Apex WANTS to grow away from the small town feel? Again, very interesting. So many angles to think about in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMomof2 View Post
One of the residents is a friend of a close friend, and I know they had access to the clubhouse last year. I attended a baby shower there last fall. The resident was talking about how they used the clubhouse all the time as their own private movie theatre. I wonder if they are no longer allowed access. Such a shame.
So there was electricity in this clubhouse? Who was paying the bill to keep it on? This would cool to pretty much feel like you own the whole place and can do what you want! The downside being the contruction mess, etc. And resale value.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:51 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirit48 View Post
I wonder if the developers thought that if they built a pricey place like this, it would start to change Apex into a high-end place, change it from the small town that it is. I also wonder if the they DID do their homework, seeing that Apex is so highly rated and that the growth in the area is tremendous, that the conclusion was that the area was growing into a pricey area and they would be involved in the early stages of this. I find this all very interesting though! (I live maybe 2 miles from this place, but have never seen it. Now I want to take a look!

Someone in the town government must have approved this level of housing to be in Apex. Does this mean Apex WANTS to grow away from the small town feel? Again, very interesting. So many angles to think about in this.

So there was electricity in this clubhouse? Who was paying the bill to keep it on? This would cool to pretty much feel like you own the whole place and can do what you want! The downside being the contruction mess, etc. And resale value.
You should see Bella Casa.
Similar price point.
Of course, these developments will not change the tone of Apex, IMO.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:33 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirit48 View Post

It was (sadly) clear that the Apex town board didn't worry too much about growing out of its small town feel when they approved that gigantic Trinity development in the SE of the town and Viliages of Apex in the NW of the town last year. A sad day the the true "town" of Apex.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:42 AM

3 posts, read 6,683 times
I was down in Southport in March and there are several developments that seem to have the same problem. Two model homes on a street dotted with utility hookups or rows and rows of lots with houses sparingly placed throughout where 2 or 3 are occupied and the rest are for sale by owner. And they are for sale in the high $400's and $600's

Old 06-10-2008, 04:09 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
The town has nothing to respond to. There has been no construction activity in over 8 months-nothing to inspect. The sales trailer was towed away. The taxes on the entire parcel have gone unpaid. There are completed townhouses that sit locked and empty with no MLS listings. Most of the partially completed structures will have to be taken down to the foundation and rebuilt.
Some how, I cannot help but think that some sort of opportunity exists here. I wonder...

Old 06-10-2008, 04:28 PM

347 posts, read 934,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
In this day and age, I would be extremely hesitant about purchasing a property in a subdivision that's still mostly under construction. As so many examples nationwide have shown (though not as many in the triangle), plans don't always work out in the end, and you could end up living across the street from a bunch of half-finished shells for months or years to come.
Well come out to the Summerdale community. The builders are pulling out there after phase 1 of 3, and they are planning on filling out the phase withhouses that are smaller than they originally advertised. I have no clue who bought the other lots, but the salesperson in the office was willing to answer my questions, and even gave me the floorplans of the new models.

So any work if Perry and Jordan builders are in trouble? or just dont want to mess with it out there? They had another Fuquay community planned but never broke ground.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 5,416 times
Default abandoned subdivision....

Some how, I cannot help but think that some sort of opportunity exists here. I wonder...

Many other people, including national builders, were hoping the same thing. Unfortunately I don't think the developer is being realistic in what they think the property is worth. Check out the retention ponds built within 10 feet or so behind some of the $500,000 homes. Perhaps this was acceptable in NJ, but here in North Carolina there's too many other choices available for buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary