Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2006, 01:05 PM

33 posts, read 118,898 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone has any information or opinion on Panther Creek. I know that it is a new school, so information on it is a little scare. I am in the process of relocating to the area and had settle on a certain part of Cary, that was supposed to be assigned to Green Hope. Now I check the Wake County webiste and see that 9 and 10 grades are going to Panther Creek and 11 and 12 are at Green Hope. Does anyone know if that will remain the same for 2007-08?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 02:07 PM

23 posts, read 78,666 times
I'm fairly certain that they did that so upperclassmen weren't forced to change schools with all the rezoning. Next year should be 9,10 and 11th grade and then all four grades the following year. It's a nice school and the communities around the school and zoned for the school are nice communities. I would think either school would be a good option for your kids, but it sounds like you will be zoned for Panther Creek.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:27 PM

56 posts, read 356,356 times
To find out whether there may be changes next year -- try looking here:
http://wwwgis2.wcpss.net/cgi-bin/Production/MainScript.pl?MainOption=StreetMain (broken link)
That is the place I put in our "new address" (we are making an offer, I HOPE it will be our new address!) and it comes up with the current assigned schools and a link to proposed changes. For our address, it says "No changes proposed for this node". (That was a relief) If you haven't already, try putting in the address, follow the link to draft proposal, and it should tell you whether or not your area might be affected by the proposed changes.

Here is a link to a section of the local newspaper's website where you will find lots of info about what's making news in the school system -- mostly reassignment issues!
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/wakeed/

About Panther Creek school -- we have been researching which high school we'd like for our kids (who will be starting 10th and 11th grades there next year), and we were really impressed with PC. The ONLY reason we eliminated it is that our son (our oldest) would start next year in their highest grade and they told me they probably wouldn't be able to offer all the classes he wants to take. He's a very serious student and wants to take AP and other advanced classes that would mostly consist of 12th graders... with 11th graders being their highest grade they would just not have enough students to offer some of those classes. They said they would be able to work with us and maybe he could even go to Green Hope HS or Apex HS for part of the day, but we thought that would just be too complicated and we'd try first to find somewhere to live that already was assigned to Apex or GH. We found a neighborhood and house we love that's in Apex HS area. Anyway long story but the point is that I think PC is a great school and if our son was a year younger (or not wanting the AP classes, 6th-year honors Spanish, etc.) PC would definitely be our #1 choice. Their new school is very nice, and I can see the advantages to having only 9th-10th-11th next year... I was also impressed with everyone I spoke with there -- especially the band director, I exchanged a few emails with him and he was really helpful.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 5,558 times
Default hello

i don't know how long ago you posted this but i am a student here at panther creek. its a great school and i wouldn't want to go to green hope. I'm a sophomore here and we only have grades 9,10,11. the teachers are good and its a great environment

Old 10-11-2007, 08:50 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,770,219 times
I drove past this over the weekend. Amazing campus you guys have. (As a taxpayer, I'm thinking it is too nice ).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary