Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2018, 08:57 PM

297 posts, read 740,604 times

Advertisements

I've searched the Town of Cary site for information about what's happening across from Panther Creek High School on the other side of McCrimmons (the Alexan Drive property per Cary's interactive map), but I haven't found mention yet. A huge expanse of trees have been cleared, and I suspect it's a residential neighborhood coming in from the Carpenter Firestation side. What I'm really curious about is how such a large development will impact McCrimmons itself, and the traffic around Panther Creek HS. So far, no roads have connected through, but it's likely only a matter of time. Will McCrimmons be widened? Will the in/out roads from the high school be affected?

Thanks in advance if anyone can point me to the plans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 05:27 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
If it’s the parcel I’m thinking you mean, basically due south from PCHS, across McCrimmon, it is owned by an entity named Panther Creek, LLC and was sold 4-30-2018. It is odd that there is nothing on Cary’s site. I even did a quick search on that name on their site and got nothing, though I’m not sure how their search works anymore.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:13 AM

26 posts, read 27,652 times
Is it the parcel associated with the item titled Rex Hospital Annexation from June 14, 2018 Council Meeting?

Old 08-02-2018, 08:30 AM

It is the parcel that is due south from PCHS, adjacent to the apartment complex, but a bit more towards 540. Where there was a forest, there is now an open clearing.

The Rex Hospital parcel appears to be directly on Hwy 55. They are beginning utility work on that intersection of McCrimmon/55 south, and clearing has begun. Thanks for answering a question I didn't know I had yet!

Last edited by NoneOfThis; 08-02-2018 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: To respond to Rex information.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:10 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,989,186 times
It's Channing Park...189 townhomes and 17 detached. Access will be from McCrimmon and Highcroft, with no connectivity to the south.

Channing Park/16-SB-011 - Town of Cary, North Carolina

Old 08-02-2018, 09:24 AM

Great find, SFSpiderman - thank you! This does not show on Cary's interactive map. In reading the proposal, I'm drawn to the assessment of the pedestrian crosswalks on McCrimmon. There is an existing one at Highcroft/McCrimmon, and it is a difficult one for pedestrians. When school is in session, I hold my breath each time I see students crossing or ready to cross. The proposal talks of perhaps adding a second crossing later, directly across from the high school entrance. I hope they can find a way for students to cross safely, and in what sounds like larger numbers. It would be very attractive for PCHS families to live that close to the school.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:14 PM

4,551 posts, read 3,752,342 times
I thought initially that it was owned by Rex Hospital - at least that's what it shows on Wake Co iMaps.

189 more townhomes? I hope that neighborhood doesn't connect to McCrimmon parkway, because there are already teenagers driving to Panther Creek on that road who definitely don't need more distractions.

Cary is slowly becoming NOVA - the land of the expensive townhome.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:00 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Cary is slowly becoming NOVA - the land of the expensive townhome.
Which wouldn't be so terrible, but all the townhomes they build around here lately look like square boxes with zero character and paint slapped on them. They dump all the money into the interior and the exterior looks like an utter eyesore from the road.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:53 PM

When going east on McCrimmon parkway towards highway 55, you can see they have cleared land along the edge of the road, indicating they may be making that road 4 lane all the way through?

Talking about 4 lane roads, O'Kelly Chapel needs to be 4 lanes starting at the downhill portion when going towards highway 55. That squeeze is ridiculous. Isn't there a large apartment building being built on that corner? Talk about a congested mess. Just fix that now instead of trying to do that 5 years later.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:20 PM

Anyone recently drive on McCrimmon Parkway heading east towards 55? They just cleared out a ton of trees right after you pass Panther Creek High School and you can see the huge apartment buildings now. Looks so different and barren now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary