Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 04:20 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,129,401 times

Advertisements

I'm on my second week as a Dish Network subscriber. I have the 250 package with no contract and no home phone. Prior I had TW standard digital package with Road Runner. The monthly price for tv and Road Runner will be only about $10 less, but the satellite equipment operates better then the slew of boxes I received from TW. And, I have a larger channel selection. The reception in my area (south of Wake Forest) is excellent.

Just wanted to post in case anyone is interested in making the change. I hesitated for so long b /c I thought it would be a tedious ordeal to switch. It wasn't.

Now, if I could just find affordable Internet???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 05:51 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times
The TWC digital boxes have software issues.

TWC hopes to download a fix soon.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:20 PM

932 posts, read 1,273,599 times
We've had dish for...3 years now? Something like that. We've gone through 4 or 5 boxes, because they keep sending refurbished ones rather than new ones...and well...they have a lot to be desired.

Just before Xmas we did receive a new box ( true new one) and have not had any problems (fingers crossed).

Other than that, I have been pleased with them. When you need customer service it takes awhile to get someone who speaks fluent English-but these poor people have learned I really do mean it when I say I want someone else!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:28 PM

TWC has been great for service which is totally free, parts and labor.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:33 PM

673 posts, read 2,266,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post

I've been hearing this from TWC for several months now... However, it has gotten a little better -- we only have to reboot the box twice a week now.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:37 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
Software issues? Rebooting the box? How strange. We have TWC with the HD box & Road Runner & haven't had any problems at all. How strange!

JJingle, glad to hear you're enjoying the dish. Think of me while you watch Bravo!

Old 02-26-2008, 07:44 PM

502 posts, read 1,740,346 times
We used to have DISH, but ended up switching back to TW. I don't like TW's Guide and DVR, so we went with a pair of TiVo boxes and I couldn't be happier. TiVo + TW is a great combo.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post

Not sure about software issues, but I had four boxes in a year with TW Raleigh. The first couple boxes were the same as the one I had in Charlotte in 2004ish. This box had been phased out in Charlotte due to issues. The last time I went to TW Raleigh, I was given an HD DVR box. I didn't have HD but the box worked better than the others.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:07 AM

Our latest one almost never crashes.

TWC will get it right soon

Old 02-27-2008, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
JJingle, glad to hear you're enjoying the dish. Think of me while you watch Bravo!

I actually used Bravo as my final defensive against the TW Customer Retention Rep. The conversation went something like this...

(TW)There is no contract with TW....... (My response)I signed no contract with Dish

(TW) What could we do to keep you.....(My reponse) Someone could have picked up the phone on the two occasions I called and was on hold for 45 minutes b/c my bill rose three months in a row.

(My continued response)Besides, Dish offers channels you can't like Bravo....(TW) But TW has four Disney channels.....(My response) Um I don't have kids???

I think I'm going to go watch me some Bravo right now!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary