Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 12:27 PM

351 posts, read 632,438 times

Advertisements

I remember the "Stayin' Alive" nightclub was by the putt-putt course but I don't recall a restaurant. Except of course, Creekside Seafood over near the Longbranch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 01:20 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
I remember the "Stayin' Alive" nightclub was by the putt-putt course but I don't recall a restaurant. Except of course, Creekside Seafood over near the Longbranch.
The Flying Cloud restaurant became Stayin' Alive. Then I think it became Red's, which is now on "Downtown Blvd"?

Old 12-07-2011, 01:53 PM

393 posts, read 652,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
I think The Flying Cloud was the seafood restaurant--inside it looked like a ship. That whole stretch of Creekside Dr has lots of "restaurant and club ghosts".
Here is what I could find on the Flying Cloud and the old Putt Putt. Unfortunately there arent any pictures of the Flying Cloud but there is a couple of the old Putt Putt. This one being the best of the bunch. I thought people would be interested in the history of the building the Flying Cloud was located in hence the information picture cut and paste.
Attached Thumbnails
You know you are from Raleigh if...-oldputtputt.jpg   You know you are from Raleigh if...-flyingcloud.jpg  

Old 12-07-2011, 03:24 PM

By the way, if anyone cares, I had the course record there at that putt-putt course for quite some time. The owner held a weekly tournament and one night I was actually in his group. Shot an 8-under 34.

Just tootin' me horn.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:51 PM

45 posts, read 118,133 times
Steak and Ale had great salad bar and shrimp scampi.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:48 PM

Just thought about this today while talking with my lovely wife.

For some reason I "think" I remember the Raleigh Christmas parade being at night. If I'm thinking right, it would have been in the early to mid 70s. Does anyone remember this or am I remembering a dream or something?

Old 01-04-2012, 08:26 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,808,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
Just thought about this today while talking with my lovely wife.

For some reason I "think" I remember the Raleigh Christmas parade being at night. If I'm thinking right, it would have been in the early to mid 70s. Does anyone remember this or am I remembering a dream or something?
I remember. I lived in Garner from '66-73, and I remember going at night. Probably early 70s since I don't have many memories from the 60s. (Too young.)

Old 01-26-2012, 09:51 PM

2 posts, read 6,820 times
Default Scotty's Chuck Wagon

My uncle bought a house that belonged to one of the owners of Scotty's and the old sign and menu board is hanging in the shop out back. The prices are really low by today's standards. I loved their hotdog's.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:42 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmatt View Post
My uncle bought a house that belonged to one of the owners of Scotty's and the old sign and menu board is hanging in the shop out back. The prices are really low by today's standards. I loved their hotdog's.
The old North Hills folks miss Scotty's hot dogs so much. I ate there for lunch a zillion times The rumor was that they would reopen at Holly Park, but they never did.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:04 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
YThey were nice folks. Scotty's mgr came to my aid one Thanksgiving night as my car threw a rod on the beltline and went kaput around the North Hills exit. I had my young child, my laundry and the Thanksgiving turkey in the car....he was in a small pick up. So, my laundry and the cooked turkey rode in the bed, we all squeezed in the cab and he took me to me friends house nearby. He was my night in shining armore that night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary