Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2006, 07:39 AM

36 posts, read 138,133 times

Advertisements

I think I may build a home in the Holly Springs or the Wake Forest area.

Does anyone know of subdivisions with larger lots of land (3/4 acre and up) in those areas?
I would like the subdivision to be near a great school system. I have children in High School, Middle School, and preschool right now.
I would also like lots of children in the subdivision.

Any suggestions?

I built a home in Florida and the experience was a nightmare. The builder was terrible, the work shoddy, and the customer service non existant. I am hoping to have a better go around this time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2006, 05:50 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,043,576 times
Sorry, just saw your post. My guess is you want to build in a neighborhood with one of their builders? Or were you looking to buy a lot, find a builder, etc? Anyhow, there are many nice neighborhoods in both areas, I currently live in wake forest, so may be able to help in that way. The custom home neighborhoods are pricey around here especially if you are looking for some land. There is galloway, which is custom has their own builders, and is in the 500-600's,
Glenmoor 600's
St. Ives 600's
Covington Ridge 450's
Heritage 500's

Of all of these, heritage is biggest neighborhood, it has townhomes through estate homes. I guess I can help you a little more if you give me a price range! All of these neighborhoods are custom, you can pick the lot and build a house, change it as you may (within the parameters of the neighborhood). I live in covington ridge, and we ended up buying a spec house, and there are some of those as well. I think it all depends on you though. I would be happy to give you more information, just let me know.

Leigh

Old 10-29-2006, 06:04 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,017,352 times
Hey there down here in Holly Springs the neighborhoods I would check into are Sunset Ridge (there are still a few big lots available but may not be as big as you want. Who knows? But the wonderful thing about them is they leave them wooded and some have creeks and ponds in the back of them. Plus although you may get 1/2 acre the wood buffer on top of that is usually 25-30 feet. It is protected by the Neuse River Basin Environmental act so can't be touched. I live here and can tell you that if you want good schools and tons of kids in the neighborhood this is for you! The builders here are all excellent as well. You can look into them online. Barnes Builders, Future Homes by Odell Thompson, DJF, Timberline, J. Scott. You can also look Sunset Ridge up online. Another place you may want to check out but I don't know the name of the subdivision if it even has a name .....but the home we almost bought in there was on a street called Pony Soldier. Beautiful lots! Also out here there are some builders off of Olive Pierce (I think that do custom on large lots. Also try Jamison Park (caution on 540 extension so do your research)Wescott, Hawks Ridge and look into Olde South Home builders because they have some custom Homes out here too. Many of these neighborhoods have average lot sizes that linger around 1/2 an acre but I do know that there are bigger lots to be had in them. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary