Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 11:15 AM

131 posts, read 726,477 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to a new neighborhood in Apex called Creekside Commons off of Kelly Road near the intersection of Olive Chapel Rd. It's practically brand new and only has 7 or 8 houses built. Does anyone have any information about this neighborhood or the builder? I know that 540 is planned to come very close to Kelly Road and this concerns me a little. There is also a big new apartment complex beside the neighborhood and I worry about traffic from the apartments coming into the neighborhood. Is this a good area to buy a house in? Will I get a good return on my investment? The houses are cute and have nice upgrades, but have practically no yard. Any thoughts? The builder has already slashed prices by about $20k and they are still selling slow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 11:22 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,701,269 times
I don't know anything specific about the builder or the pricing. I do know from a convenience perspective it's a good location. We live in Cary and I spend a lot of time out the way doing errands. My concern would be the high density housing being built so close by.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:28 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,626,334 times
I live just up Olive Chapel from the development. The houses are cute, but the lots are microscopic (.06 acre!). I think the 300+ apartments next door would definitely be a concern for some buyers. I'm not sure 540 will have any effect, but Kelly Road does tend to back up during rush hour.

The location is very convenient to shopping, and getting to RTP would be pretty quick (for people who commute up that way). You get to avoid Rte 55 through Apex, which is a huge plus.

How does the price reduction work? Do you pay less for your house?

Old 12-03-2007, 11:36 AM

131 posts, read 726,477 times
The price reduction simply means that the builder has knocked off $20k of his original asking price. The newer houses he is in the process of building are listed for the same reduced price, but they don't have all the upgrades like hardwoods, granite, etc. From what I was told, he is trying to get rid of existing inventory to start building a new phase in the spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary