Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2007, 08:04 PM

37 posts, read 173,554 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering placing our 16 month old son in the Children's Discovery Center located at Avent Ferry and Tryon Rd.'s. We seem to like the center but don't personally know anyone who goes there. Anyone know anything about the center or send their child/dren there???? We would love some feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,656 times
Love the place... My 4 year old loves the place too... Everyone is so nice and after a few days they all knew our names despite the large number of children who go there. My daughter has excelled tremendously since her start there 6 months ago. They also have lots of activities that the kids look forward to. I especially like the fact that they offer extra activities like Tap and Tumble, Dance, and Jump Bounce for the children. These are at additional cost, but it is so nice to not have to drive my child around to different locations so she can be part of these programs. It gives me so much more time with her after work. A++++

Old 01-20-2009, 06:56 AM

5,747 posts, read 17,621,052 times
We looked into 8 or 10 daycares recently, and my wife toured all of them. Our favorite was Little Pros Academy, but they did not take infants part time. Of the 8 that we looked at, only 3 took infants part time. They were Children's Discovery Center, Kiddie University (right across the street) and The Children's Place (in the Macedonia church on Holly Springs Rd). My wife liked Kiddie University best, followed by The Children's Place, and lastly Children's Discovery Center. Her opinion was that they were very busy and hectic, and that the classes she looked at (3-yr old) seemed to be over their child to teacher ratio. I also toured Children's Discovery Center and found it to be a bit chaotic compared to other daycares that I visited.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,089 times
Three of our children have attended Children's Discovery Center, and I would not send them anywhere else. Some of the negative ads are just that, negative and do not tell the true story. It is probably one of the largest, well equipped, and wonderful childcare centers around and truly have caring and loving teachers in every age group. The Director takes time with everyone to answer questions, give suggestions and has three other directors working with her so that everyone is taken care of in a professional manner. If someone visited during drop off and pick up, it would appear busy but not out of control. The security system is top notch and every child is acknowledged as well as the parents each and every time they enter the facility. With fifteen classrooms and all of them being full and including a long wait list, I feel that some of what has been written is by individuals who either do not know anything about the center or truly have never been through the doors of this center. If you have any doubt, go check it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM

273 posts, read 563,262 times
Our daughter and son attend this center. We have been very pleased with the center. It is nice to see the owner there often and that it is a family running the place. They take pride in the center. I worked in childcare several years ago as a Center Director and have no problems sending my children there.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:57 PM

167 posts, read 304,437 times
I had friend who"s grand child was in the school for 3 yrs baby till 4 yr old she loved it, Teachers were very nice and well informed.I have a Early Ed Degree ,When I was with them in pick and special event The school was clean ,yes ubsy but that what you want for children to be busy and happy.BUT each parent must look and re look before you place a child. Drop in several times and view what going on and ask about staff turn over and the teacher Exp. and ask lot of question .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary