Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:21 AM

42 posts, read 73,101 times

Advertisements

Hi..I've noticed there have not been any RECENT posts on Lake Royale. As a new land owner at Lake Royal and currently building a new home, I would love to hear some pros and cons on the Lake and living in the area.... Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 07:13 AM

401 posts, read 565,721 times
con: middle of nowhere!
con: rednecks in campers and golf carts everywhere.
con: big-ass snakes in the water.
con: your choice for dining out are the deli at Food Lion or a Subway in a gas station.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:57 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,270,340 times
As I've said in the past...I'd visit but not sure I'd want to live there.

I drug hubby there a few years ago to see if I could convince him to buy a lot near the water, just for weekends. He wasn't impressed but to be fair, the area where the homes are, is much much nicer than the area that has the campers. If it was just campers, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad but the way people added on to their campers, it looked pretty bad in some areas.

Keep us posted after you move in. Maybe you can give us some opinions based on living there. That is always better than getting information 2nd and 3rd hand!

Vicki

Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 AM

exactly, Vicki...that is why I asked if anyone lived in Lake Royale (first hand info), but I do appreciate any and all constructive opinions from people who have visited or have friends/family living there I will say, that the land we bought is far away from the camping area and is in a wooded area with only a couple other homes in view....which is exactly what we were looking for....I've been there at least 6 times in the past year and have found the area clean and cared for, and the residential section beautiful..... the people we've met have been very friendly.... Thanks!

Old 06-28-2013, 08:18 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,171,035 times
That area has always intrigued me. I was recently looking at homes for sale in the area, just out of sheer curiosity. First, I was surprised at the number of homes on the market, second, some of those homes have been on the market for 1-3 years! Looks like a VERY tough sell. I think the location is key.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:08 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,632,744 times
I know this is an old thread, but I'm responding anyway.

We bought a home at Lake Royale in June 2008, to serve as a weekend getaway when we lived in Greenville, NC. We love the heavily wooded area and the winding, gently sloping roads. As it turned out, the company I worked for went through bankruptcy, we had to sell our primary home in Greenville and move to the Lake Royale home full-time. We lived there full-time from August 2009 to July 2011. I got a job in Winston-Salem in 2011 and we moved there in July, and our Lake Royale home reverted to being a weekend getaway. We go there every few weeks.

There is a wide variety of homes and residents at Lake Royale. Yes, quite a few rednecks, but not exclusively. Most of the homes are modest, around 1,400 to 2,000 sq ft. Those on the lake tend to be much nicer (a lot on the lake costs almost as our entire off-lake home is worth).

It's about 5 minutes from the front entrance to a grocery store (Food Lion), a few gas stations, and a few restaurants (Chinese takeout, pizza, a Subway, and a few other local choices). Louisburg is another 10 minutes away, which has more choices for dining and about the nicest Walmart I've been in.

I could live at Lake Royale full-time, but my wife needs to be closer to a major city. The 40 minutes or so to Raleigh isn't too bad, however.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:13 AM

Thanks so much for your reply! As it turns out, we just finished building a home at the Lake and will be moving there next week...so a very TIMELY response on your part We are looking forward to our move and meeting our neighbors, several whom I've already met on-line.....

Old 05-08-2014, 11:20 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,632,744 times
Good to hear! They have quite an active community there - lots of organized activities. Enjoy!

I think Bunn is kind of a cute little town. If you have kids, the assigned schools for the lake are probably the best in Franklin County - that's not saying all that much, but overall I think they're decent. We loved the principal at Edward Best Elementary, though she has since left.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:58 AM

Thanks again Emelvee..... We are retired, so no kids (now we can be kids ourselves!!) Perhaps we'll meet some weekend!! Take Care!

Old 05-08-2014, 01:55 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,270,340 times
Great to get some insight from people that actually live there!

dmtt1212, keep us posted on the neighborhood. Always good to share that information with others.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary