Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:45 AM

7 posts, read 10,538 times

Advertisements

I found this girl on Falls Lake Trail near the boat ramp off of Six Forks Road yesterday. She came bounding down the trail towards me and my dog. It was clear she had been in the woods a while.

She's received some basic vet care, she has no microchip, she has a red collar.

Shepherd/golden/hound mix of some sort. She's about 90 pounds, very sweet. I've cross posted to many other area lost pet sites and message boards, I can't keep her long, she's at my vet now. Thanks for any help, PM me if you know anything about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 07:58 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,420,757 times
Do you have a link on facebook? I see lots of lost dog posts there and it seems to really help.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:39 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,557,107 times
First of all, it was very very nice of you to take her in and give her care. she looks like a total sweetheart.

There is a trianglepetsfinder at: Add your lost or found pet with Triangle Lost Pets of Central North Carolina

I just looked and didn't see anything for that particular dog but look through the pictures of lost animals.

You can also call various shelters - durham, raleigh and let them know you've found a dog and see if you can find a match.

have you put up any signs in the area?

If you do feel you need to take her to a shelter, then do the no-kill SPCA in Raleigh at:

SPCA of Wake County: SPCA of Wake County, Raleigh, NC

Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,454,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBimpo View Post

I found this girl on Falls Lake Trail near the boat ramp off of Six Forks Road yesterday. She came bounding down the trail towards me and my dog. It was clear she had been in the woods a while.

She's received some basic vet care, she has no microchip, she has a red collar.

Shepherd/golden/hound mix of some sort. She's about 90 pounds, very sweet. I've cross posted to many other area lost pet sites and message boards, I can't keep her long, she's at my vet now. Thanks for any help, PM me if you know anything about her.

She looks like a sweet heart and my boy would love her, she would fit well in our family. I hope you find her family soon.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:10 AM

5,915 posts, read 7,040,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvNC View Post
If you do feel you need to take her to a shelter, then do the no-kill SPCA in Raleigh at:

The Wake SPCA does not usually take in dogs directly. They pull from the Wake County Animal Shelter (which does accept dogs) and other shelters & rescue groups.
http://www.spcawake.org/site/PageServer?pagename=New_Pet_Intake_FAQ

Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 AM

230 posts, read 257,181 times
I shared this link on my FB page. Such a sweet looking dog!

Old 06-17-2013, 10:37 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,494,197 times
Oh my gosh, she's so cute! Looks like a bloodhound/golden mix. Bloodhounds are notorious for running away. :-/ I hope you find her owners soon.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:11 AM

7 posts, read 10,538 times
Thanks for the replies, she's on TrianglePetsFinder
Triangle Lost Pets of Central North Carolina Animal Photos

Not sure if that link will work or not but she's there.

She's at my vet now getting the ticks removed and another good bath. My plan is to take her to Wake Co this afternoon. That's probably the best place for her if someone is looking for her, she's immensely adoptable if her owners aren't lucky enough to track her down.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:20 AM

6,299 posts, read 16,132,920 times
The SPCA is NOT a no-kill shelter.

They do their best. but it's NOT a no-kill shelter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvNC View Post

Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,661,656 times
SPCA IS a "no kill" shelter in the sense that the word is applied to shelters.

Wake county is a "kill" shelter in the sense that if the shelter is full, someone is getting euthanized.

For people with questions, they can read more here:

SPCA of Wake County: SPCA of Wake County FAQ about No-Kill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary