Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:54 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,683,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattellis00 View Post
I hear Cary is more expense and may be out of price range of 170-200K, what do you think? And getting more for my money like you said...always sounds good...where exactly is "outside the Raleigh beltline"? -thanks
You don't necessarily get "more for your money."

you might get "more land for the money" or "bigger house for the money."

However, you may sacrifice in other ways like "commute time," "gas money" (which is no joke when you're filling up twice a week, $50 a pop), "quality of public schools" and therefore "resale value." If I were concerned with resale value and getting the most back for my money, I'd think twice about driving farther out simply to get more house or land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 04:40 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,603,473 times
Lightbulb Some info

Hey Matt...

Job Search -> The Research Triangle Park

My wife and I are in our 20s (29 and 27 respectively). We lived in Cary from 2001 - 2007 in a 1600 square foot home. We bought it for 150k and recently sold it for 185k

We decided to move to Durham (27713). I feel we bought more for our money in Durham and this area (around the Southpoint Mall) is blowing up.

If you would like any other info feel free to email or DM me... Good Luck!
Matt

Old 11-02-2007, 06:39 AM

324 posts, read 1,286,147 times
fester600 - do you have neighborhood names for those areas around Southpoint? I haven't gotten a chance to drive around over there but know many people who have bought in that region and you are right it is going through tremendous growth.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 AM

23 posts, read 71,282 times
Apex is a really up and coming area, I think you get more bang for your buck there. Getting too close to downtown Raleigh has its own problems, including the fact that all the truly desirable neighborhoods are big $$$ specifically in the Mordecai, Oakwood area.

Cary is a great family place, rated amongst the top in the country. Theres lots to do no matter where you end up. Just be sure to pick up The Sunday News and Observer weekly, the Independent AND the Relocation Guide (can be found in supermarkets) these all helped me a LOT when I moved down from NY

Old 11-02-2007, 08:39 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,603,473 times
Lightbulb 27713

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
fester600 - do you have neighborhood names for those areas around Southpoint? I haven't gotten a chance to drive around over there but know many people who have bought in that region and you are right it is going through tremendous growth.
We live in Fairfield, but there are a handful of subdivisions down Herndon, Fayetteville and 751

Off the top of my head: Chancellors Ridge, Shouthampton, Lakehurst, Pinehurst, Colvard Farms

Check out this site maybe... Here are a handful of the subdivisions in the area and the homes that are for sale-> South Durham NC - Parkwood map, Lakehurst map, Grandale Place map, Fairfield map, Lake Park map, Chancellor's Ridge map, and Audubon Park map (http://www.fairfield-nc.com/pages/SouthDurhamMap3FF.shtml - broken link)

Cheers!

Old 11-02-2007, 01:26 PM

7 posts, read 14,612 times
Where would you guys say the majority of the jobs are in the area? - just general business management and finance type jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary