Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2006, 08:33 PM

42 posts, read 166,449 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning on moving to the RDC area at the beginning of next year. We have three children, ages 10, 8 and 6, and are looking for quality schools! We are also looking for a golf, swim, tennis neighborhood that will be an easy commute to the airport as he will be flying in/out every week. He prefers a commute less than 45 minutes. Our price range for a home is $600k to $700K. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2006, 03:42 AM

229 posts, read 1,054,271 times
Post If you love golf, you'll love the Triangle!!

If you are moving to the Triangle and love golf you are in for a treat!! The Triangle is a true golfer's dream. You will find the public and semiprivate clubs to be as challenging as the private courses. Except for an occasional hurricane or deep winter freeze, golf in the Triangle is virtually year round.

In terms of the neighborhoods, I actually live in the Prestonwood area and love it!! It is located in the heart of Cary and there are a lot of choices in the price range that you are looking in. Just this week they are playing the Seniors Tour at the Club. If you want to get a first hand look at the club just turn on ESPN for a front seat at this beautiful golf, swim, and tennis community.

Newer golf course communities include Devil's Ridge in Holly Springs. This community is a bit farther out from RTP and the airport but well within your 45 minute commute. Another well-known golf course community is Wakefield Plantation, just north of the city, which offers 2,200 acres of gorgeous North Carolina countryside to golf lovers. This all-inclusive area gives residents plenty of reason to relax and call the community home with world-class golf, swimming, tennis, and plenty of clubhouse activities for adults and families alike. The commute in the park is fairly easy by hopping on the Outer Beltline. This community has all price ranges into the Millions.

The latest golf course community to join the ranks in the Triangle is Brier Creek. This community is conveniently located to the airport(~15 minutes) and RTP(~10 minutes) and has really taken off in terms of growth, popularity, and appreciation. The golf course opened in 2001 and it's an 18-hole Arnold Palmer Signature golf course that has moved into the top 40 of North Carolina Magazine’s list of the best courses in the state.

Another golf course community that is still in the planning phase is Hasentree, which will be opening in 2007. Located near Falls Lake Park, Hasentree will be a gated community with a Tom Fazio-designed course. Homes start in your price range so this might not be the best choice for your family.

The schools here are terrific! Wake County consistently ranks as one of the top school systems in the country. Just today I attended a presentation by the President of the School Board and she indicated that we are #1 in North Carolina for having the most Nationally Certified Teachers and #2 in the Country.

I hope this helps. If you'd like more information send me a Private Message(PM) for more details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary