Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2007, 08:03 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times

Advertisements

Here are a few quick pictures I took of one of the newest options for entertainment in downtown Raleigh. This area has been dubbed "The Depot" and is located in what many refer to as the "Warehouse District (http://www.raleighcvb.org/weekends/entertainment/warehouse.html - broken link)" of downtown Raleigh. There are three news bars in the area: The Hurricane Sports Bar, Blazin Saddles (Country Saloon Complete with Mechanical Bull!), and SoHo East (Dance Club). All three of these bards are located in what looks like an old warehouse next to the train tracks in downtown Raleigh along west Davie Street. Here are a few pictures of the Depot and Surrounding area. I have also added The Depot location to my interactive map of Downtown Raleigh.

The Depot

Inside Hurricanes Sports Bar

Back Outside

Train Depot Across from the parking lot

View of Condos Going up to the West over by Boylan Avenue (Don't Recall the Name?)

Pics of area around The Depot

Nana's Chophouse

View Looking East down Davie Street (Cran from RBC Plaza Condos can be seen on the left)

View Looking North up Harrington Street (Crane from West at North Condos in the distance on the left)

Old Brick Building (I just liked the way it looked!)

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 10-27-2007 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 08:20 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,517,890 times
Nice photos! Is the new apt building going up West at North perhaps?

Old 10-27-2007, 10:06 PM

820 posts, read 2,788,006 times
Bloomsbury?

Old 10-28-2007, 10:59 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
That's definitely Bloomsbury Estates Condo. Or, as I like to call it, the Addams Family Retirement Home...you'd have to see the renderings to see why I call it that. :-)

Old 10-29-2007, 09:12 PM

Thumbs up Good Call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh1005 View Post
Bloomsbury?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
That's definitely Bloomsbury Estates Condo. Or, as I like to call it, the Addams Family Retirement Home...you'd have to see the renderings to see why I call it that. :-)
That's it ! Thanks. You guys are right about it being Bloomsbury. I should have known after seeing that circular tower that is framed out. Yes those renderings do look a bit spooky!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:29 AM

Thumbs down Depot splits!

Depot Derailed as Nightclubs Close :: WRAL.com

What a shame. Looks like the owners of the Depot packed up in the middle of the night and left town. While the above is a poorly written news story it looks like the main cause for the demise was a dispute between the owners and contractors who were due $49K for work performed.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:55 AM

551 posts, read 1,875,527 times
Nice pictures, North Raleigh Guy. Hope you keep posting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary