Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 PM

3 posts, read 6,344 times

Advertisements

So my fiancé and I close on our new house March 15th in brightleaf.... Question I have is, is this neighborhood still lively? I I heard back in the day they were going to be building a new supermarket and all these huge plans but nothing seems to be getting done. I would love to hear from someone that lives there. I would love to hear if this neighborhood still has any big plans. Or if it is just a dead end project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 05:15 AM

208 posts, read 414,722 times
Congrats on the house! What builder did you use? I live across the street in Ashton Hall. I would LOVE to have a good grocery store and maybe a Lowes put in. I also read the thread from a couple years ago and am kind of bummed that there hasn't been any additional talk or action.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
I have to ask... If you're buying a house there, why don't you already know more about the neighborhood?

I'm really just curious because every house we looked at before deciding on one (and I did this with both homes I've owned before as well) I could almost have told you everything about the neighborhood except what kind toothbrushes the neighbors used.

I'm into canvassing.

I know some people buy from out of state (I couldn't buy in an area without renting first to figure out which neighborhoods are my favorites, though) and cannot spend much time observing the neighborhood.

But, why would locals not do that?

I have no idea which applies to you, OP. I was just curious.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,142,535 times
ArcGIS Viewer for Flex

Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,308 times
What schools do those two neighborhoods feed to? That whole area is blowing up. There is another development off of Mineral Springs going up now. Only a matter of time before a high end grocery store steps in to take their business. Food Lion isn't getting it done.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:30 PM

143 posts, read 481,260 times
Bumpity Bump!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:50 AM

208 posts, read 414,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
What schools do those two neighborhoods feed to? That whole area is blowing up. There is another development off of Mineral Springs going up now. Only a matter of time before a high end grocery store steps in to take their business. Food Lion isn't getting it done.
You've got that right, that Food Lion is a POS! I live in Ashton Hall and only got to Food Lion when I just need to grab something quick. For all other food shopping I hit Lowes and Costco.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,698,751 times
There already is a Food Lion on the corner of 98 and Sherron. There is supposed to be a commercial development off 70 but its been pretty quite for a while - Lowe's, Food Lion or Bloom-type FL, some other stuff.

I know some folks in Bright Leaf are really excited about the Harris Teeter being built on 98, 15 minutes away.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,308 times
Yeah- the Food Lion on Sherron was the one referred to in the posts above. The meat and cheese departments are horrible.

I did a see a huge razed development behind the Kohls at Brier Creek. Anyone know if that is going to be a Home Depot or Lowes?

Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,424 times
Moving to Durham/Raleigh area this summer from Michigan. I love the Bright Leaf community but my husband and I have 3 kiddos, two of which are in Elementary school. I have looked and the Great Schools ratings are horrible in that area. However, I can't imagine people purchasing home in the mid 200's and up would send there kids to crappy schools. I guess I'm wondering whats the scoop on the school situation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary