Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 07:49 PM

33 posts, read 36,830 times

Advertisements

I've got a friend coming to visit me soon for two days and three nights. She'll be here on weekdays. What sorts of stuff in Raleigh should we do? If it were a weekend I would definitely take her to the flea market at the fairgrounds but this will be a Monday/Tuesday kinda thing.

If you were me and you had a friend coming to visit and you were off work, what sorts of things would you do, both in the daytime and nighttime? We both drink and are foodies, just FYI. We're both females in our mid-20s, and we enjoy all sorts of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,094,205 times
Too bad it's not on a First Friday of the month. But you could still visit the galleries when they are open (probably earlier in the day): First Friday, Downtown Raleigh

Weekdays are tough.

In no particular order...

I would go to Irregardless Cafe.

I'd walk around North Hills and have dessert if not a meal. Same with Cameron Village. Save room for Goodberry's.

Maybe see a show or movie.

Here is a thread that may give you some ideas: 101 Things to do in the Triangle? Add to the list!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 AM

127 posts, read 356,675 times
Check out Wine and Design, the last time I had a friend visiting we went and it was so much fun. They have locations in Raleigh, Cary and Chapel Hill. You bring your own wine and snacks to enjoy while you paint.

Tobaco Road Tours (.com) does a Historic Raleigh tour on Monday afternoons.
Find a wine tasting or Brewery tour?
Lots of the bars do trivia night earlier in the week.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,422,405 times
I always bring friends to the Tobacco district and 9th St in Durham. Such a fun place to walk around...lots of interesting shops, good restaurants etc. Everyone always loves it!!

Then we head over to Chapel Hill and go to a Southern Season!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:45 AM

528 posts, read 935,103 times
Another idea is to head downtown by the old Train Depot off of Davie St and have dinner at Jibarra or the The Pit and then stop by Videri Chocolates for a sample or tour. On the right night, it's pretty lively down there.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 AM

9,777 posts, read 15,786,780 times
Where is she visiting from?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:49 AM

814 posts, read 2,006,886 times
Go to the NC Art Museum, see the Munch exhibit (it is WILD) and wander around the Rodins and other great work, until you get hungry. Then have lunch at Iris....yum.

After lunch, go for a walk out onto the greenway/NCMA Sculpture walk. Make sure not to miss the Cloud Chamber.

Then pop down to Excel Nails in Lake Boone Shopping Center and get your nails done.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
One night in Durham (already menioned) and the other night in Raleigh. I would hit Tuesday at Sitti for half price appetizers, then go down the road to another bar, maybe downstairs to Foundation (is that the name?) Liquor Bar. Look at the websites of various places to see who is playing, or what specials. If you like Beer then maybe Flying Saucer or Tylers and a couple "local" small places.

If you are in town this wednesday, Full Steam in Durham has a movie/snuggie night. Sounds fun. In general, Full Steam is pretty cool. They sell their own beer, and let food trucks furnish the food. Check their calendar.

Daytime: Hiking or biking if it's nice. Farmers Market, Brightleaf Square, Umstead, Chapel Hill, etc. in no particular order. All of the museums are pretty cool too.

For food, there is just too much to mention. Check out the foodie thread from the guy from Tucson, that had a LOT of good suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary