Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2007, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 6,310 times

Advertisements

we are a young couple moving to the area.
we are looking for a house we can afford in the triangle area and came a across Glenwood Crossing community - some townhomes right off of Glenwood Avenue/Hwy 70.
can anyone tells us about the area? - how is the neighborhood and what about the commute to RTP?
we currently have no children so local schools too far is not an issue.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 08:31 PM

43,355 posts, read 77,229,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbh View Post
we are a young couple moving to the area.
we are looking for a house we can afford in the triangle area and came a across Glenwood Crossing community - some townhomes right off of Glenwood Avenue/Hwy 70.
can anyone tells us about the area? - how is the neighborhood and what about the commute to RTP?
we currently have no children so local schools too far is not an issue.

thanks
Easy commute to the Park.
Up 70 and in on T W Alexander, or to 540 and exit at Davis Drive. I-40 Exit off 540 is a little messy, as I hear it.

It is a spanking new neighborhood. Should be just fine.
Shopping is readily available back down 70/Glenwood, out Ebenezer Church to Leesville, or great in Brier Creek area.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:52 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,952,621 times
Has anyone moved into this neighborhood? Feedback to how it is?

Old 12-13-2007, 10:06 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,268,491 times
Definitely a good area, close to 540 and still considered North Raleigh.

Check out Glenwood North, as well.

Vicki

Old 12-30-2007, 09:14 PM

7 posts, read 25,317 times
Default Glenwood Crossing Area

I currently live in the Long Lake version of the townhomes being built at Glenwood Crossing. We were going to originally buy at Glenwood Crossing but the homes were not ready in time for our move. We were able to find a home for sale last November and moved in last December. There is currently one for sale in our neighborhood (up the street from me) for around $208K. I know that for my same floor plan at Glenwood Crossing (1850 SF), the starting price was $212K a year ago and is probably closer to $220-$225K today. My home was built late 2005, so the price was right for us. We paid less than the price of a new home that was only 1 year old. Might be worth a look.

One thing to keep in mind. My townhome is 2-story, 1850 sf, three bedroom, 2.5 bath and has a 2 car garage. Glenwood North is 3-story and one car garage.

If you move into the area, let me know. We are 25 and 27 and always looking to meet new people. We have been in NC 2 years.

Good luck!

Old 12-30-2007, 09:57 PM

820 posts, read 2,789,497 times
Everything mentioned so far about the area is true. I'll add that you can find resells in Cornerstone Park across the street (cheaper townhomes and more expensive clusterhomes). Another alternative ~ 6 minutes away but closer to RTP is Lennox at Brier Creek built by Westfield/Standard Pacific. These are a little more expensive but I've heard they're offering great deals, it's new construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary